Georgia electric agency considers hybrid swap proposal
- MEAG at work on $35 million fiber-optic network. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p48
Reports on the Georgia Municipal Electric Authority's construction of a fiber-optic telecommunications network, as part of efforts to capitalize on the value of its existing power-line rights of way. Objectives in building the network; Funding of the project; Plans to use bonds in the project.
- Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p8
Reports that the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia has declared that electric deregulation will not affect the agency until the year 2002. Electricity costs; Focus on maintaining its competitive prices and reducing its $3.7 billion debt; Release of two tax-exempt refundings; Variable-rate...
- DOE Finalizes Last of Loan Guarantees for Vogtle Project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/6/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p5
New York State bans fracking, at least for now.
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33645, p14
A table is presented which provides data on the negotiated bond offerings of several countries and government agencies including Georgia Municipal Electric Authority, Phoenix Industrial Development Authority, and North Carolina.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/9/2015, p1
A table is presented which offers information on several negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of December 7, 2015 including Kaweah Delta Health Care District, Woodland Davis Clean Water Agency, and Georgia Municipal Electric Authority.
- Greens Sue DOE For Release Of Loan Guarantee Terms. Beattie, Jeff // Energy Daily;8/11/2010, Issue 152, p1
This article reports on a lawsuit filed by the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) against the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for hiding details about its loan guarantee for a nuclear reactor project in Georgia. The loan guarantee was given to Southern Co., Oglethorpe Power and MEAG...
- Vogtle Electric Generating Plant, Units 3 and 4; Issuance of Combined Licenses and Limited Work Authorizations and Record of Decision. Tonacci, Mark // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 40, p12332
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regarding issuance of combined licenses to Southern Nuclear Operating Co., Oglethorpe Power Corp., Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia and the City of Dalton, Georgia for construction and operation...
- The Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents the average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations of swaps as of January 21, 1998.
- Index-linked muni swaps. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents rates of municipal swaps in the United States as of January 23, 1998.
- N.J. Considers Hiring Firm for School-Construction Swap Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports that New Jersey is considering hiring a politically connected Pennsylvania financial advisor to devise a multi-billion dollar forward swap plan for the state's school construction bond program as of November 2002. Consideration of the pros and cons of a forward swap of the school...