Pennsylvania pool gets Fitch triple-A
- State tuition program earns strong returns. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;7/13/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p38
Reports that Barbara Hafer, Pennsylvania State Treasurer, has decreased enrollment fess and reimbursed participants in the state's Tuition Account Program, a tuition repayment program. Reason why Hafer has reimbursed participants in the tuition repayment program; Statistical information on the...
- Pennsylvania treasurer: With doubts lingering, set aside tobacco cash. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p36
Reports that Pennsylvania Treasurer Barbara Hafer does not believe the state should issue tobacco settlement-backed bonds. Purpose of the bonds; Alternative suggestions.
- Pa. trying to break trust contract with State Street. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;2/10/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 27, p5
Reports on Barbara Hafer's, treasurer of Pennsylvania, attempts to void State Street Corporation's $9 million contract to provide custody service for $64 billion of the commonwealth's pension fund assets. When this contract began; Scheduled date for bids on a new contract; Information from...
- Pennsylvania. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p28
Reports on the AAA rating given to the Pennsylvania Treasury's INVEST cash management program by Standard & Poor's Treasurer Barbara Hafer.
- Court backs Hafer's action. // Pensions & Investments;6/1/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p44
States that a three judge panel rejected State Street Bank and Trust Company attempts to force Barbara Hafer, Pennsylvania State Treasurer to honor a contract extension awarded by the previous Treasurer. Details on the contract; Information on request for proposals for a custodian contract by...
- Pennsylvania Treasurer attacks State Street's pension contract. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p1
Reports on efforts of Pennsylvania Treasurer Barbara Hafer toward the invalidation of State Street Boston Corp.'s investment management contract for a $64 billion public employee pension fund. Hafer's filing for a petition to dismiss the contract; Debate over fees charged by State Street Boston.
- Hafer's New-Old Party. D‘Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p37
Reports on the return of state Treasurer Barbara Hafer to the Democratic Party in Pennsylvania. Endorsement of Ed Rendell by Hafer in his bid for office after failing to win her party's support for the nomination; Possibility of Hafer to run against Senator Rick Santorum as treasurer in January...
- Hafer vs. State Street. // Pensions & Investments;3/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the controversy involving Pennsylvania's State Treasurer Barbara Hafer in relation to the state's custodial contract with State Street Bank and Trust Company. Claims made by Hafer pertaining to how she will be affected by the contract in her overseeing of $64 billion in...
- Pennsylvania Treasurer Challenges Opponent to Release SEC Transcript. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p3
Reports that Pennsylvania Treasurer Barbara Hafer is urging former Treasurer Catherine Baker Knoll to publicly release the transcript of a deposition she gave to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 1997 in connection with its probe of the state's March 1994 refunding. ...