COPs for California cancer center delayed yet again
- Calif. oncology network goes national. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the launching by Duarte, Calif.-based City of Hope National Medical Center of a national network called City of Hope Oncology Network. Number of oncologists at the Duarte center and in a regional network with managed-care contracts; Coverage; Services to be offered; Remarks by Andrew...
- 5th Hike for Hope set for Oct 14. // Furniture/Today;9/20/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p2
The article offers information on the fifth annual Hike for Hope sponsored by City of Hope to be held on October 14, 2010.
- ASSIGNABILITY OF HEALTH/WELFARE BENEFITS; STANDING TO SUE. // Benefits Quarterly;2000 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p101
Discusses the case filed by City Hope National Medical Center of California against Healthplus Inc. (HPI) which deals with the status of a healthcare provider to sue for benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act in the United States. Overview of the case; Findings of the court...
- Aerobics against AIDS. // American Fitness;May/Jun93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p14
Reports the involvement of Pro-Robics Conditioning Club owner Kari Anderson in `Workout for Hope,' an annual fund raiser sponsored by the City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, California. City of Hope AIDS programs; Proceeds from fund raising; Comment by Kari Anderson.
- All-stars belt big hits on VH1 b'cast event. Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;02/01/97, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on an October 1996 concert to benefit the City of Hope charity, which featured a number of popular musicians performing together as the City of Hope/VH1 All-Star Garage Band. Performers that appeared, including Sheryl Crow, Steve Winwood, John Mellencamp, Bryan Adams, Melissa Etheridge...
- Publisher's Note. Vinovich, Brett // American Salon;Aug2009, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p14
Several photographs of masks designed by people in the beauty industry to raise funds for the City of Hope Medical Center, at its National Professional Salon Industry Spirit of Life Dinner and Masquerade Ball held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in July 2009 are presented including Chris Dove, Sonya Dove...
- This year's honoree. // Billboard;7/23/94, Vol. 106 Issue 30, p6
Presents a photograph of Ticketmaster president/chief executive officer Fred Rosen as honoree for the `Spirit of Life' Award. Presentation of award at the City of Hope National Medical Center's Music & Entertainment Industry Dinner on September 28, 1994 in Los Angeles, California.
- West Coast event raises $738,000 for City of Hope. // Furniture/Today;6/25/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p2
The article informs that the annual event of the National Home Furnishings Industry has raised 738,415 dollars for the U.S.-based cancer medical center, City of Hope at the West Coast Golf and Tennis Tournament.
- Hospital emphasizes need to help patients cope with... Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;11/11/96, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p58
Looks at the City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, California and the launch of a division which focuses on the psychological implications of treatment and improved communications. Why patients and their families are being focused on at the division; Staffing of the division.