Sen. Murkowski's turnaround shows retail competition may pass this year
- Senator says power debt can maintain tax exemption. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p1
Presents information about the legislation of Senator Frank Murkowski allowing public power issuers the relief from strict limits on private business use of bond-financed facilities needed in a competitive market. Evaluation of the conditions attached to the relief; Advantages of the...
- Administration electricity competition plan draws mixed... // American Gas;May98, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p5
Provides information on the restructuring bill for open competition among electricity suppliers by 2003 suggested by the administration of United States President Bill Clinton. Advantages and disadvantages of the plan; Reactions of Frank Murkowski, chairman of the Senate Energy Committee and...
- Will Electricity Deregulation Fizzle Again? Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;2/20/99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p472
Looks at the chances for the United States (US) Congress to approve the legislative bills seeking to deregulate the electricity industry. Expectation of Joe Barton, US House Energy and Power Subcommittee chairman, that bills on electricity deregulation will be passed; Plans of US Senator Frank...
- NLC resolution urges eliminating Murkowski bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30286, p1
Presents information on the National league of Cities approval of a resolution terminating legislation by Senator Frank Murkowski. Reasons for this approval; Detailed information on the resolution; Comments from Mike Hernandez, Los Angeles city council member, and others.
- Senator speaks out on mining law reform. Murkowski, Frank H. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p16LL
Features United States Senator Frank H. Murkowski's comments on the mining law reform. National climate for development of mineral resources; Shift in public land policy from `multiple use' to `no use'; Assault of national environmental groups and Congress representatives on the federal Mining...
- Seeking consensus. Warner, Edward // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the efforts of senator Frank Murkowski to develop a compromise restructuring bill for the electric industry in the United States. Decision to remove the bill out of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee; Importance of restructuring to waste-to-energy producers; Concerns of...
- Reconciliation bill veto? // Wilderness (07366477);Fall95, Vol. 59 Issue 210, p8
Looks at the letter of warning wrote to Senator Frank Murlowski from director of the Office of Management and Budget Alice Rivlin, boosting protection campaign of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Contents of letter; Plans to veto reconciliation bill if it is sent to the president.
- Frank Murkowski. Estes, Deborah // American Gas;Sep97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p32
Presents an interview with US Senate Energy and Natural Committee chairman Frank Murkowski. Agenda of the Congress on energy issues; Prospects for developing natural gas resources in Alaska; Views on the need ffor electric restructuring legislation; Retail choice programs implemented for...
- Senate to hold utility deregulation hearings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p4
Reports that Senator Frank Murkowski will hold hearings on electric restructuring legislation. Bonds for facilities that participate in a deregulated market.