GFOA panel gives nod to TBMA proposal
- TBMA Will Work With GFOA To Resolve Disclaimer Issue. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p1
Reports that the United States-based Bond Market Association (BMA) plans to coordinate with the Government Finance Officers Association to resolve the controversy over disclaimers as of March 20, 2000. Background on the disclaimer language developed by the BMA.
- GFOA, TBMA find common ground, differences. Beer, Kieran // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p35
Relates Government Finance Officers Association and The Bond Market Association (TBMA) representatives' discussion of municipal bond-related issues. Debt committee's agreement to support a pet legislative initiative of TBMA; Discussion of the Tax-Exempt Municipal Investment Conduits.
- GFOA panel opposes disclaimer approved by TBMA this month. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has opposed the disclaimer approved by the Bond Market Association in the United States. Voluntary inclusion of disclosure disclaimers by underwriters in bond offerings.
- GFOA Debt Panel Leaders Oppose TBMA's Call for Study. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p1
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOA) opposition to the Bond Market Association's call for a congressionally mandated study by the United States Securities & Exchange Commission on the feasibility of imposing corporate-style disclosure standards on municipal bond...
- GFOA Committee to review TBMA secondary market conduit proposal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p54
Focuses on the plan by the Government Finance Officers Association to work with the Bond Market Association, National Association of Bond Lawyers and the National Federation of Municipal Analysts on a proposal that would ease the packaging of municipal debt for the secondary market. Features of...
- Task force head, GFOA to discuss differences over report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p5
Focuses on a dispute over the use of hypertext markup language as the standard format for issuers' secondary market municipal disclosures. Disagreement between Bond Market Association task force head Joanne Mays Becker and the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA); GFOA chairman Arthur...
- TBMA Seeks to Reconcile Disclaimer Policies With GFOA. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p5
Reports on The Bond Market Association (TBMA) Chairman Ann Kaplan's plan to meet with the heads of the Government Finance Officers Association and the National Association of Bond Lawyers to resolve disagreement over disclosure disclaimers. Debate over the issue of underwriters using disclosure...
- As Congress Mulls Bond Curbs This Week, Members Can Only Wait. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p6
The article reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's concern about the "unnecessary" tax-exempt bond curbs that could wind up long-delayed 2006 tax-reconciliation legislation. According to federal liaison director Susan Gaffney, a congressional conference committee has reached...
- GFOA may endorse NABL tools that boost demand for tax-exempts. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p6
Discusses the possibility of a Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) endorsement of a National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) task force effort to create three financial products that could increase demand for tax-exempt debt in the United States. Interest of the GFOA in working...