Michigan governor announces road plan
- State more than doubles budget for road repairs. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Michigan Governor John Engler's approval of a budget increase for road repairs and other transportation projects in fiscal 1998. Michigan Road Builders Association's commendation of Engler for the budget increase; Appropriations for bridge repair; Coverage of the budget by state...
- Engler seems headed down the right road. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
Opinion. Comments on the request of Governor John Engler to the state Transportation Department, to assess ways to fix roads and bridges. What was included in the request; Estimated cost of the Detroit Renaissance Incorporated to fix roads.
- Local groups see holes in state's road package. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/27/97, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p7
Highlights Michigan Governor John Engler's road program. Request for a 4-cent-per-gallon gas tax hike; Use of funds for rebuilding state's roads; Analysis of plan by Grand Valley Metro Council; Impact of funding distribution on West Michigan drivers.
- Road Work is Likely To Be Engler's Legacy. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the road work projects of Michigan Governor John Engler. Length of the roads that were improved and number of bridges built from 1991 to 2002; Overview of the Build Michigan initiative; Annual budget of the state for road projects; Contribution of the state's congressional delegation...
- Gov. pitches environment bonds in Ohio. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30812, p1
Focuses on Ohio Governor Bob Taft's call for state lawmakers to approve a school spending plan and two bond referendums for environmental improvement projects. Reclamation of industrial brownfield sites for development; Preservation of land; Michigan Governor John Engler's plan to add money...
- Engler: Reduced overhead means more road money. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/24/97, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the Michigan Governor John Engler's speech about his administration's plans for the state's transportation system given at the third transportation summit chaired by state lawmaker Vernon Ehlers. Engler's transportation goals; Funding of transportation by the state government; Road...
- Engler touts `aggressive' plan. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/31/97, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p3
Reports on Governor John Engler's introduction of the spending scheme for the Michigan Department of Transportation for 1997. Outline of construction projects planned by the department; Source of funding the projects; Engler's optimism for legislative support for the department's budget.
- Engler hits the road for funding. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p3
Reports on Michigan Governor John Engler's plans to seek federal funds for his 1998 transportation budget. Infrastructure programs for implementation; Assumptions on federal gas tax relativity to national highway system and Interstate rehabilitation; Impact of lowering load limits to freeway...
- City dealing with S-Curve. Hoekman // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/13/99, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the actions taken by Grand Rapids, Michigan, city commissioners related to the impending closure of the S-Curve road for a reconstruction project. Agreement between the commission and the Michigan Department of Transportation to improve the road; Detour routes created; Plans to...