Booming Texas school districts band together for funding
- Idaho Schools to Face Sate in Latest Round of Court Battle. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p3
Reports on the legal dispute between Idaho school districts and the state government over the financing of school facilities. Effect of the dispute on the issuance of school bonds; Financial assistance currently received by school districts from the state; Laws relevant to the conflict.
- Frisco, Tex., Schools Looking at Possible $1.2B Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p4
The article reports on a May 2006 referendum that will approve Frisco Independent School District in Texas' $1.2 billion general obligation (GO) bond. The bond is designed to help the state's urban school district to finance its modernization project. A bond committee composed of citizens and...
- Round Rock Redux. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p23
The article reports on the consideration of officials from Round Rock Independent School district of issuing a bond question in Austin, Texas. Officials claimed that the school district desperately need the money to finance new schools. They are in the process of determining the needs of the...
- Colorado School Districts Likely to Ask for Over $1B of GOs on Election Day. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p36
Reports on the likely request for general obligation bond authorizations by the school districts in Colorado. Solicitation of budget for the remodeling of school buildings; Observation of the school bond issuance; Commitment of the school district to a bond referendums.
- Suspended Cleveland voucher program drained money from public schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/31/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30716, p3
Reveals that the suspended Cleveland, Ohio's public schools voucher program has cost ten million dollar losses to Cleveland City School District. Increasing amounts of Disadvantaged Public Impact Aid; Revision of the district court's ruling on the constitutionality of the voucher program;...
- Oklahoma School Group Considers Citizen Petition Drive. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p3
Focuses on the Oklahoma Education Coalition's efforts to give school districts more bonding capacity. Consideration of a plan to circumvent the State Legislature with a petition drive; School districts' issuance of shorter-term maturities.
- Albuquerque Votes Today on New Mexico's Biggest School Bond. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32469, p36
The article reports that voters will determine whether the bond proposal of the Albuquerque Municipal School District No.12 be given authorization in New Mexico. The proposal includes the sale of $351 million in general obligation bonds to build new schools to serve a growing population. It is...
- Frisco ISD's $798M Win Headlines Texas Bond Elections. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p32
The article reports that the Frisco Independent School District has approved a plan to issue general obligation debt in Frisco, Texas. The Frisco bond package marks the largest ever approved bond for a suburban district. Proceeds from the debt will finance projects aimed at accommodating a...
- Two School Districts in Nevada May Seek Large Bond Packages. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p8
The article reports that the Clark County School District and the Washoe County School District are contemplating a large bond package in Nevada. Voters will be asked to approve a rollover of the tax rate to back the multi-billion dollar bonds. The bond package is aimed at financing the...