With dive in short-end yields, money funds are hard-pressed
- Texas sale could be saving grace for floundering note market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p8
Reports on Texas' annual sale of one-year tax and revenue anticipation notes. Benefits that the municipal money market will get from the notes; Structure of the sale.
- MMD: Far West market scales. // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p8
Presents charts and graphs showing the data on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States as of December 2, 1998. Includes yield curves; Daily variable rate demand; Tax-free money market funds.
- Swollen variable-rate supply keeps short-term yield curve flat. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p6
Reports that a large supply of variable-rate products has kept the short-term yield curve flat and helped create a neutral environment for municipal money market funds in the United States. Competition for funds posed by the stock market; Economic outlook according to Federal Reserve Board...
- Staying liquid is the name of the game as tax time looms. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30616, p8
Reports on the efforts of money managers to maintain liquidity of money market funds as taxpayers prepare to meet the April 15, 1999, tax deadline in the United States. Trends in the short-term market; Prospects for new issues; Municipal bond offerings; Increases in fund inflows.
- Municipal Bonds, Treasuries Drop; New-Issue Supply Weighs on Market. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline of municipal bonds; Amount of unsold general obligation bonds; Increase in the number of tax-free money market funds.
- Safe, low-yield investments have their day. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p3
Reports the increase of low-yield investment in New York, New York. Preference of investors for money market funds and tax-free municipal bonds; Data on the amount of investments; Assessments of investment advisers on the trend; Impact of the increase on fund managers.
- Treasury boost, labor reports give slight lift to municipals. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p1
Reports on a rise in municipal bond ratings in the United States as of February 9, 1998 due to solid gains by Treasuries and an unchanged unemployment rate at 4.7 percent. Amount of municipal bonds circulated as of February 6, 1998; Moderate inflows in money market funds; Traders' anticipation...
- Municipal Bond Prices Tracking Narrow Ranges Ahead of Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p2
Focuses on highlights of municipal bond market trading on February 12, 2001, in the United States. Erosion of government bond prices; Rise in money-market fund holdings; Improvement of long-term municipal bond-fund flows.
- Traders, managers heed better yields during note season lull. McDonald, Michael; Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30689, p9
Reports on money market fund managers' reaction to the low supply of municipal bonds in the United States despite stability of market levels for several weeks preceding the week ended July 21, 1999. Back Bay Advisors Inc.'s strategy during the note season lull in June and July; Concern over...