Archer airs arbitrage-rebate plan
- Archer's doing the tax bill his way. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;6/21/97, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p1287
Discusses the influence of US Congress House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Archer on the proposed tax legislation that was passed by his panel. Intention on directing the future deal cutting over the measure; Focus on policy rather than politics; Success in proposals for elimination of...
- Correspondence. // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p364
Presents the text of Tax Executives Institute president James R. Murray's letter to Representative Bill Archer, thanking him for supporting the repeal of section 956A relating to excess passive assets. Murray's commendation of the repeal as a major step in the simplification of international...
- Archer reveals schedule for changing tax system. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/11/96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on US House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer's presentation of his proposal for a tax system based on consumption or value-added taxes at the 1996 annual meeting of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU). Proposal as part of Archer's `Agenda for the American...
- Two deficit hawks' dilemma: To cut or not to cut taxes. Shillinger, Kurt // Christian Science Monitor;2/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 52, p1
Discusses the plans of Representative Bill Archer and Senator Bob Packwood to cut taxes. Agenda of the legislators; House GOP plan on tax cuts.
- Give part of the surplus back to its creators. // Nation's Business;Nov98, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p80
Focuses on the tax relief action on small businesses in the United States. Focus of the government on the tax relief; Position of Senator Bill Archer, (R-Texas) on the issue; Details on the bill governing the issue.
- Cut Taxes for the Rich. // Human Events;07/23/99, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the committee legislation of House Ways and Means Chairman Bill Archer (Representative of Texas) in cutting taxes for the rich. Description of Archer for the people they call the rich; Reason for cutting taxes for the so-called rich; Effect of enacting the tax cut.
- House eyes tax breaks. // Christian Science Monitor;7/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 155, p4
Informs about the proposed tax reforms by House minority leader Dick Gephardt. Plan of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer regarding the reforms.
- Texan taxbusters. // Christian Science Monitor;6/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 134, p20
Editorial. Focuses on Texan Republican Representatives Dick Armey and Bill Archer, who in the summer of 1997, wish to debate reforming the taxation system in the United States. Why tax reform is necessary; Information on Armey's and Archer's proposals for tax reform; Position of the Republican...
- Tax plan a Texas-league single with GOP activists. Gizzi, John // Human Events;06/20/97, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the reactions of the Republican Party's local leaders on US House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer's taxation policies. Ohio State Republican Party Chairman Bob Bennett's displeasure with spending side of the budget; Texas Republican Chairman Tom Pauken's demand for more...