COMPOSTING AND SUSTAINABLE WASTE MANAGEMENT HELP SOLVE CLIMATE CHANGE PROBLEMS
- Regional Roundup. // BioCycle;Jul2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p18
Provides an update on issues related to composting and organics recycling across the U.S. as of July 2002. Utilization of anaerobic digester gas as fuel for electrical generation by the Lewiston Water Pollution Control Center in New York; Application of compost tea for the management of golf...
- All eyes on Wales. Read, Adam; Owen, Nia // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Mar2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the effects of Wales' plan to collect separated food waste from households to the fledgling anaerobic digestion (AD) industry in Great Britain. It states that the plan is part of the Welsh government's Towards Zero Waste strategy, which sets a target of 70 percent...
- AROUND THE WORLD WITH ANAEROBIC DIGESTION. Goldstein, Jerome // BioCycle;Apr2003, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p78
Discusses the relevance of anaerobic digestion to solid waste recovery. Biomass-to-energy projects; Composting of solid waste; Livestock manure treatment. INSET: RANKING CRITERIA FOR WASTE CONVERSION TECHNOLOGIES.
- THREE SMALL-SCALE DIGESTERS SCHEDULED FOR NEW YORK CITY. // BioCycle;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p58
Reports on the creation of small-scale anaerobic digesters in New York City. Diversion of food residuals from landfills; Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions; Exploration of emerging renewable energy application for generated biogas.
- Solid waste management practices in Turkey. Berkun, Mehmet; Aras, Egemen; Anilan, Tugce // Journal of Material Cycles & Waste Management;Dec2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p305
As an economically developing country, Turkey has very well operated integrated solid waste management applications structured on modern facilities, besides over 2,000 scattered open dump areas in the country. Integrated waste management applications seem eligible for the metropolitan cities...
- Municipal Solid Waste Management in Semi Urban Areas. El-Hoz, M. // Proceedings of the International Conference on Waste Technology ;2007, p1521
The objective of this study is to identify a suitable system for the management of solid waste in a semi urban area. The system should be in line with the technologies in the sector and which conform, in the first instance to local laws and regulations, the local situation with respect to...
- Integrated Waste Management: What It Takes. GRENOBLE, PENELOPE B. // MSW Management;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p48
The article offers information on the strategies used by the solid waste management industry in the U.S. for integrated waste management. It states that Minnesota-based companies support for the development of waste-to-energy infrastructure while some companies are using plasma conversion...
- MAKING INTEGRATED ANAEROBIC DIGESTION PROJECTS A REALITY. Little, Christopher M.; Grant, Alan A. // BioCycle;Jul2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p64
Part II. Provides information on the development and implementation of an integrated anaerobic digestion (IAD) project in the U.S. Comparison between the integrated and traditional anaerobic digestion process; Combination of composting, fertilizer manufacture and sewage treatment in one...
- Fairgrounds Earn First-Ever Recycling Award. // San Diego Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p26
Reports on the State Agency Recycling Recognition of the Year Award given by the California Integrated Waste Management Board to Del Mar Fairgrounds. Standards for waste reduction; Other programs of the Del Mar Fairgrounds.