Chicago City Council OKs Mayor's $5.1 Billion Budget for 2005
- Chicago City Council Passes Budget With Big Tax Hikes. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;10/28/2015, p1
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's 2016 budget and record property tax hike to pay for public safety pensions easily cleared the City Council Wednesday.
- Chicago Passes Budget That Punts on Pensions. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/20/2014, p1
The Chicago City Council adopted Mayor Rahm Emanuel's $7.3 billion 2015 budget, pushing off a fix for a pension-related fiscal cliff until after next year's municipal elections.
- Time for City Council to finally clean up its act. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on the scandals facing the Chicago City Council, in relation to the investigation of United States Attorney James Burns. Response of Mayor Richard Daley; Proposals of the Mayor to the City Council to appoint its own inspector general.
- Chicago Passes '06 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p1
The article focuses on the 2006 budget of the Chicago City Council in Illinois. It has approved a $5.2 billion budget that includes $350 million of general obligation and revenue-backed issuance. The City Council has increased city's cigarette tax to eliminate a $104 million deficit and rely on...
- Business neglects council races at its own peril. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
The article comments on the city council elections in Chicago, Illinois, and the need for business groups to support candidates who will help promote business in the city.
- Chicago Orders Bank Upkeep of Vacancies. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 140, p6
The reports Chicago, Illinois' City Council is proposing an ordinance that requires mortgage servicers, banks, and institutional investors to maintain vacant homes and properties until the foreclosures are completed.
- City Council Passes Ordinance to Merge City, County Workforce Development Program. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
The article focuses on the approval of the collaboration between the City of Chicago and Cook County in Illinois by the Chicago City Council to create the Chicago-Cook Workforce Partnership, allowing residents to train and apply for jobs regardless of geographical boundaries.
- Chicago City Council. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p42
Reports that the Chicago City Council has approved an administration ethics reform package. Approval of an ordinance to provide an Ethics Board subpoena power to investigate and fine aldermen in Chicago.
- Chicago Council OKs $500M Deal After Latino Firm Invited on Board. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32068, p1
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois' proposed $500 million general obligation advance refunding won City Council approval after the city's finance team bowed to aldermanic pressure and added a Latino-owned firm to the cadre of broker-dealers underwriting the deal. Chief financial officer...