Delayed Reaction to Fed Brings Munis Higher; Treasuries Continue Uptick
- Fed Reveals Its Plan To Start Small Steps To Unwind Stimulus. ANDREA RIQUIER // Investors Business Daily;12/19/2013, pA01
The Federal Reserve said Wednesday that it will begin winding down the massive bond-buying program, citing evidence of moderate but sustainable improvements in labor and housing markets.
- Fed Gives State Banks Hedging Authority. Garver, Rob // American Banker;2/22/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 36, p20
Reports the approval of the Federal Reserve Board allowing state member banks to own equity securities in the U.S. Influence of the statement in placing equity ownership by banks under multiple restrictions; Need for banks to receive permission from the board before acquiring equity securities;...
- Markets Are Quiet Before July 4. Husband, Sarah; Rick; Appin // High Yield Report;7/2/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 26, pN.PAG
Focuses on developments in the U.S. bond market as of July 2001. Performance of NTL, Ekabel and Callahan bonds; Financing package launched by a group of 12 banks; Corporate reorganization at 360networks; Impact of cut in basis point by the U.S. Federal Reserve on the high yield market.
- Dissent starts to brew in Fed over bond purchases. // Hill;2/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on the meeting organized by the U.S. Federal Reserve policymakers regarding the economy that raised the possibility of the central bank to limit its monthly bond purchases which end up on the concerns of its potential costs and risks such as inflation and destabilized markets.
- Emerging Market Defaults Affect U.S. HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/2/2013, p8
The article focuses on the impact of emerging market defaults on the high-yield debt market in the U.S. in relation to the monetary stimulus program of the U.S. Federal Reserve in 2013. Global rating agency Fitch Ratings comments on the U.S. dollar-denominated issues, which totals 116 billion...
- C&I Outstandings Flat in Latest Week. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;11/21/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 223, p19
The article offers financial data from the U.S. Federal Reserve Board concerning commercial banks. In the week ending November 19, 2005, commercial and industrial loans totalled $1.031 trillion, which did not change from the previous week. Outstanding real estate loans rose about 14% from the...
- Fed Orders Warren To Raise Capital. // American Banker;8/4/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 148, p12
The article discusses the financial performance of Warren Bank. Warren, according to a July 2009 financial statement, is considered to be undercapitalized by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve has issued an order to Warren to raise its capital or find a buyer. Also, Warren did...
- Bubble in bonds stirs up investors. Shapiro, Jonathan // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/24/2015, p28
The article reports that as interest rate rise by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, the market is still believing in bonds with current pricing.
- Fed Move: Time For A Reality Check. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/17/2007, p3
The article focuses on the impact of the decision by the U.S. Federal Reserve to lend US$200 billion of Treasuries to securities firms, using mortgage debt as collateral, to ease lending conditions within the overall banking system. The decision caused the Dow Jones to rally aggressively on...