Mutual learning between general practitioners with community hospital beds and consultants in Scotland
- Accident and Emergency Services: The network of services. // British Medical Journal;10/13/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6195, p917
Focuses on the accident and emergency centers in Great Britain. Need for adequate number of associated geriatric beds; Provision of adequate general practitioner service; Availability of special services for neurosurgery, thoracic and plastic surgery.
- THE MEMOIR CLUB. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/5/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6806, p844
Comments on the part time service of general practitioners in the National Health Service in Great Britain. Concerns on the cost of medical services; Escalation of bed fees in hospitals; Call for the limitation of professional fees.
- Irish general practitioners' charter? Smith, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/10/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6649, p640
Reports the changes in the method of payment of pensions, sick pay and study leave under the General Medical Service in Ireland. Services provided to patients qualifying for free primary health care; Aims of the Department of Health for low consultation rate; System of payment for each visit.
- Put GP enterprises on a strong footing. MacRorie, Rod // GP: General Practitioner;5/4/2007, p60
The article offers the author's suggestions to general practitioners (GPs) in Great Britain to ward off private competition in their profession. It is advised that GPs must learn to reorganise themselves in order to compete for contracts from private organizations. The service of a management...
- Consultants urged to accept contract. // GP: General Practitioner;7/21/2003, p2
The BMA is urging consultants to accept a revised version of the contract they rejected last year, after winning major concessions. All six areas of concern that were initially raised by the BMA have now been resolved following talks with the government. In addition, there will be clarification...
- DEA MODEL FOR ASSESSING EFFICIENCY IN PROVIDING HEALTH CARE AND MANAGEMENT DECISIONS. Borisov, Daniela; Cicea, Claudiu; Turlea, Carmen // Management Research & Practice;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p5
The present paper analyzes the overall efficiency at the regional level in health care system in the EU states members which joined after 2004 in a time period between 2003 and 2005. Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA), which is a method proven to be useful in a diverse variety of applications in...
- Community matrons: how the doubts grew. // Pulse;11/16/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 43, p2
The article offers news briefs on community matrons in Great Britain. On September 2006, a report by the National Health Service (NHS) North East reveals that matrons had been ineffective in attending to high intensity health care users from general practitioners. On October 2006, a national...
- The changing image of doctors. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/22/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6460, p1713
Focuses on the changing image of physicians. Respect given to doctors; Involvement of doctors in criminal acts; Investigation on the failure of consultants to make proper use of hospital beds.
- your first . . . Consultation about alcohol abuse. Wynne-Jones, Melanie // Pulse;9/27/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 38, p68
Presents tips for general practice physicians on their first consultation about alcohol abuse. Tasks to achieve the consultation; Suggested use of the CAGE questionnaire.