- Oklahoma Lawsuit Could Break $156 Million Bond Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p43
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Representative Russ Roach against a revenue bond issue for state capital improvement plan in Oklahoma. Concern over industrial projects to be funded by bond proceeds; Contention on the illegality of the bond issue; Target date for the availability of funds.
- Okla. High Court Declines to Hear Anti-Bond Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the lifting of the case against blocking the bonds sale by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Finance Authority following the Supreme Court refusal to hear the case in Oklahoma. Purpose of the hearing refusal; Reasons on the alleged unconstitutionality of the bond issues; Causes of the...
- Illinois probe of Chicago suburb could affect 1993 IDFA bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p28
Reports that the Illinois Attorney General's office has launched an investigation into whether Chicago, Illinois' decision not to pursue reimbursement for a lawsuit settlement violated the conditions of issuance. Revenue bonds issued by the Illinois Development Finance Authority.
- Second Clinton Park Lawsuit Holds Up Other Arkansas Revenue Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p34
Reports on a lawsuit attacking the constitutionality of a 16 million dollar Little Rock, Arkansas bond sale. Postponement of other revenue bond issues in the state; Details of the lawsuit.
- Judge Issues Deadline for Dallas River Project Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p40
Focuses on a lawsuit determining the legality of selling bonds for a project without the approval of the voters in Dallas, Texas. Schedule of the case trials set by judge Anne Ashby; Claims of the Taxpayers for Sensible Priorities over the illegality of the sale of the debt; Overview of the case.
- Referendum Denied. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p35
Reports on the New Jersey Supreme Court's denial of a request to hear a case filed on behalf of a group that had lobbied Newark officials to hold a public referendum on the use of about $200 million in bond proceeds. Bases of the court's decision.
- Tax Cases: Advance Notes. // Accountancy;Aug1966, Vol. 77 Issue 876, p583
This article focuses on the decision of the Court of Appeals on tax cases in Great Britain. In "Muir v. C.I.R.," the Court of Appeal has reversed the decision of J. Pennycuick, who held invalid the 1952 variation of a deed of settlement of 1947. In "Lawson v. Hosemaster Co. Ltd.," the Court of...
- N.Y.C. drops tobacco suit against state. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p1
Reports that New York City has agreed to drop its lawsuit against New York State's plans to share with its counties the $25 billion in tobacco settlement money. Plan of the city to sell bonds.
- SEC Trial of Miami, Ex-Officials Ends After Defense Doesn't Call Witnesses. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p32
Reports the reliance of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) administrative trial on existing exhibits and testimony for a case in Atlanta, Georgia. Accusation on the defendant for misleading bond investors with faulty disclosure information; Cease-and-desist order sought by SEC...