Chamber: SEC Can't Rule on Fund Governance
- SEC, Chamber of Commerce to Face Off Jan. 6 in Federal Court. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p5
Reports that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will settle a controversial SEC mutual fund rule in oral arguments on January 6, 2006. Assignation of the task to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit; Provision of the rule...
- Panel Urged to Keep Highway Fund Policy. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p5
Reports the urged of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to House panel concerning highway trust fund. Expiration of the budget law; Budget cut for highway fund proposed by US President George Bush; Increase of highway spending in fiscal 2003.
- Chamber starts year with $10 million in lobbying. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;4/23/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce spent $10.1 million on lobbying at the start of 2013, with lobbying activity remained consistent with that past election years.
- Crushing failure for lobbyists. Snyder, Jim // Hill;9/30/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 113, p1
The article reports on the impact of the bailout rejection on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- American exports down as Asian crisis impacts US says economist. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;0817-08/24/98, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p28
Reports on the slow economic growth and a sharp decline in American exports as a result of the continuing Asian financial crisis during the second quarter of 1998. Comments from Martin A. Regalia, United States Chamber of Commerce vice president and chief economist; Brief information about the...
- Commerce racks up a $135 million lobbying tab in '12. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;1/23/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce spent $135 million for lobbying purposes in 2012, which represents the group's increased activities during the 2012 U.S. elections.
- A Swing at the SEC. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;11/7/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p4
Focuses on the report "The Responsibility of the SEC for Efficiency, Competition and Capital Formation," commissioned by the Financial Services Roundtable in the U.S. in 2005. Criticism over a rule issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) involving the affiliation of the chairman...
- Jumping hurdles. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/06/98, Vol. 45 Issue 27, pC1
Focuses on the US Chamber of Commerce's offering of its `Small Business Financial Resource Guide' for free.
- Spend the Money. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;11/26/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 48, p11
Focuses on the campaign of the United States Chamber of Commerce to increase transportation infrastructure spending. Advantages of the budget increase proposal; Development of the Americans for Transportation Mobility coalition by US Chamber of Commerce; Cost of transportation budget.