BASF expands Termidor label
- EPA registers marathon WP. // American Nurseryman;04/01/97, Vol. 185 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the insecticide, Marathon from Olympic Horticultural Products has been approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- EPA Cumulative Pesticide Review Suggests Some Use Restrictions. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;12/12/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p13
Announces the release of a health risk assessment guidance for exposure to organophosphate insecticides by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Contents of the guidance; Opposition of pesticide companies toward the guidance.
- EPA grants Mustang Max registration. // Southwest Farm Press;10/16/2003, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p18
Announces that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has granted a Section 3 registration to FMC Corp. for the use of its Mustang Max insecticide on cotton, soybeans, wheat, sugarcane, grain sorghum, pecans and several vegetable crops. Comments from a FMC spokesman; Use rates for Mustang...
- Crop Protection. // American Vegetable Grower;Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p6
The article offers news briefs on the pesticides industry in the U.S. as of February 2007. The Respect zeta-cypermethrin insecticide has been added to the product line of BASF as part of an agreement with FMC Corp. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has approved the Racer non-toxic...
- Food safety law could mean future insecticide cancellations. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p13
Examines the implications of the 1996 Food Quality Protection Act on insecticide producers in the United States. Concern over the possible cancellation of the use of organophosphate and carbamate insecticide products; Approach of the US Environmental Protection Agency in implementing the law.
- Regulators still underestimate health risks from pesticides. // CCPA Monitor;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to continue with a ban on the toxic insecticide carbofuran in the U.S. It states that carbofuran, sold by FMC Corp. under the trade name Furadan, has substantial effects on wild bird populations. However, studies...
- BIOCHEMICALS & CHEMICALS. // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p17
Reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has granted restricted-use of UP-Star SC Lawn and Nursery Insecticide/Miticide on indoor and outdoor ornamentals, greenhouses and nurseries.
- EPA requests neonic lawsuit dismissal. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;8/26/2013, p2
The article discusses a court case wherein five environmental groups and several commercial beekeepers claimed that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) violated laws in allowing the registration of two neonicotinoid insecticides in the U.S. The suit, filed in March 2013, cites...
- EPA gets better data. // Chemical Week;4/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 16, p32
Reports on the reduction of the rejection rate for pesticide industry studies submitted in support of pesticide regulations in the United States according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Factors attributable to improved study quality.