In Texas, Voters Approve $713M Of Debt for Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
- Going Concern. BÉDARD, MARC // CA Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p13
The article provide a brief profile of the company Lion Bus which manufactures school buses and commercial buses for universities, drop-in centers, daycares, etc.
- OSU Gets Parking Bond OK. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32619, p9
The article reports that the Council of Bond Oversight approved the plan of the Oklahoma State University to build a five story facility in the north side of the campus. It intends to construct a five-story building that will include a 1,100 space parking garage for its on-campus shuttle buses...
- KANSAS: Higher Ed Upgrades Kick Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32720, p9
The article reports on the developments of the upgrade efforts worth $392 million to finance colleges and universities in Kansas. The funds, which will be sold by the Kansas Development Finance Authority, is provided by lawmakers as part of the $100 million bond program. The plan will involve a...
- November Retry Unlikely. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports that the Mount San Jacinto Community College District will not likely return to voters in November 2006 after the rejection of a 720 million dollar general obligation bond measure. The bond measure needed 55 percent to pass but only got 45 percent of the Riverside County...
- Ohio State Readies $278M, With Up to $1B Waiting in Wings. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p34
Reports on Ohio State University's (OSU) plan to return to sell $278 million of bonds as the flagship state school contemplates projects in the next several years that could require up to $1 billion of long- and short-term debt. University's issuance of debt to fund its six- to seven-year...
- Pennsylvania Agency Readies College Improvement Issue. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p30
Reports on the June 6, 2000 bond issuance by the Pennsylvania Hospital and Higher Education Facilities Authority. Use of the bond proceeds to pay for improvements on 14 state university campuses; Prospects for the bond's performance in the market.
- School bus crackdown. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
Reports that Chicago Public Schools administrators are looking into the $80 million-plus which is spent on bus each year. Examination of charges levied at bus companies; How are they scrutinizing buss operations; View from operators.
- Houston school district board approves propane buses. // LP/Gas;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the upcoming purchase of 25 propane-fueled school buses by the Houston Independent School District in Texas.
- School finds ways to use old school buses. // Curriculum Review;Jan1991, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p13
Presents ways on what to do with useless old school buses at Oswego Apalachin Central School District in New York.