LETTER FROM THE EDITORS
- Federal Money Funds Private Schools. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Mar2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p18
Announces a new federal program to finance private school vouchers in the U.S. Receipt of tuition aid by Washington, D.C. from the program; Time for parents who question the ability of schools to serve their children well to make a choice; Argument of some education officials against the program.
- INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, Supplement p2
Presents a roundtable discussion about financing problems of independent schools in the U.S. and its potential solutions. Opportunities for using bond finance in the early stages of a school; Disadvantages of tax-exempt financing; Issues with revenue floe. INSET: A RATINGS PERSPECTIVE ON...
- Untitled. H.D. // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p18
Reports on a group of parents seeking the consideration of proposals for Texas to pay private school tuition in a lawsuit over finance. Passing of a law aimed at reducing funding disparities in Texas; Argument of the pro-voucher plaintiffs.
- The fair funding imperative. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/13/96, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p29
Reports that Mark Heinemann and Ken Cornell are urging advocates of parent-directed education to write each of Alberta's 83 MLAs and request that independent schools get fair public funding. Their criticism of the existing funding policy; Fears that many parents will not be able to afford...
- More favor school choice. Scully, Sean // Insight on the News;09/28/98, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p42
Focuses on the percentage of Americans who favor government support for private school tuition. Survey carried out by the Gallup Organization and Phi Delta Kappa International; Comments from John F. Jennings, director of the Center on Education Policy; Republicans urge for public support of...
- School choice... // National Catholic Reporter;9/24/93, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the preparation for a vote on private school vouchers by school choice proponents in California. Hope that other states will take similar action; Amendment of state constitution; Stand of bishops.
- Independent schools. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/31/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30199, p6
Reports on the independent schools' comparative demand and financial rations similar to those used for colleges and universities in the United States.
- DART Foundation donates $5,000 to Education Foundation. // Ellis County Press;4/26/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the 5,000-dollar donation of the DART Foundation to the Education Foundation for Waxahachie Independent School District (IDS) in Texas.
- Across the nation: National. // Education Week;5/24/95, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p4
Reports that contributions to private elementary and secondary schools increased in the 1993-1994 school year. Growth above the rate of inflation.