Florida Special Session to Tackle Early Education, Hurricane Relief
- Oregon. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;1/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p151
Reports the struggle for recognition of the early-childhood program in the legislative body in Oregon. Focus of the state government on K-12 system; Speculation on bipartisan interest to improve childhood care; Anticipation for increase of federal funds for Head Start program.
- Exploring together. O'Sullivan, June // Nursery World;5/19/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4268, p12
The author discusses the British European Childhood Education Research Association (BECERA) conference which promotes exploration and dialogue among early years practitioners regarding practitioner-generated research.
- Check it out. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);9/11/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 4136, p32
The article offers information on TES Education 2008 to be held at Olympia in London, England From October 10-11.
- Firing on all cylinders in New York City. // American Teacher;May/Jun2010, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on a meeting held by several early childhood education providers in New York City on March 30, 2010 about a contract they obtained that established a standard for per-child rate.
- Conferences. // Perspectives: Journal of the Early Childhood Music & Movement As;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p25
A calendar of events related to early childhood music is presented including the Northwest Regional Conference on October 16 to 17, 2015 in Alberta, the South Central Regional Conference October 23, 24 & 25, 2015 in Kansas, and the Northeast Regional Conference June 12 to 13 in Buffalo, New York.
- Events and conference round-up. // Education (14637073);6/18/2010, Issue 396, p5
The article presents information on education-related conferences in England during June and July 2010, including the C4EO Evidence and Excellence conferences, the Early Childhood Education Group's annual conference, and the Investors in Families conference, hosted by Member of Parliament...
- DEADLINES. // Education Week;5/14/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p45
The article presents the deadlines on various educational programs in the U.S. Nominations for early childhood education initiatives for a national study must be submitted on or before May 15. The application for secondary art teachers' scholarship grants is until May 30. The National Council of...
- State-Financed Pre-K Shows Positive Effects, New Research
Says. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;11/19/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
Children in state-financed prekindergarten programs make learning gains through the year and continue to show academic growth in kindergarten, concludes research presented this month at the annual convention of the National Association for the Education of Young Children in Chicago, Illinois....
- Letter from the Editors. Press, Frances; Mitchell, Linda // International Journal of Early Childhood;2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p155
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including access to early childhood education implementation of nationally driven reform in Australia, and early childhood policy reforms in different countries.