Bear Stearns' Keating to Head TBMA Muni Securities Division
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33181, p6
A calendar of events for the municipal bond activities in September to November 2009 is presented which includes the "34th Annual Bond Attorneys Workshop," the "2009 Legal & Legislative Issues Conference," and the "Career Development Workshop."
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32042, p6
The article presents statistical information of municipal bonds in the US. It includes index-linked muni swaps, swap rates versus bond yields, the Bond Market Association Municipal swap index, cost of funds for fixed-coupon bond and synthetic bond, etc.
- NFMA: More Bond Info. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p1
The article reports on the "White Paper on Federal Securities Law Relating to Municipal Securities" draft unveiled by the National Federation of Municipal Federation of Municipal Analysts in the U.S. The draft is designed to provide analysts with a legal basis for demanding more bond-related...
- From 'Good Ol' Boys' to CPO: Texas Marks 50 Years of MAC. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p26
Reports on the 50th anniversary of the Texas Municipal Advisory Council. Designation as securities information depository; Changes in the board members of the council.
- Munis Unchanged; Trades Show Little Movement. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32986, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal market in the U.S. for October 20, 2008. It states that the market was largely unchanged. It says that the Treasury market showed losses at the short end. It adds that the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.93%, finished at...
- Munis Weaken as Participants Price To Move Paper Ahead of Holiday. Johnson, Anastaija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p2
The article presents information about the weakening of the U.S. municipal bond market. Having absorbed heavy supply earlier this week, the municipal bond market weakened yesterday as some balances continued to show up in the secondary and participants were ready to make a concession to the bid...
- Tuesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p2
The article presents several data concerning the prices of government securities and the municipal bond index in the U.S. It also showed the percent yields of the government securities and its status. It also offers information on negotiated government securities as of September 6, 2006 and the...
- In This Case, More Regulation Is a Good Thing. Feinberg, Hill // Bond Buyer;6/27/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33539, p28
In this article the author discusses the issues related to the regulation for municipal bonds in the U.S. He mentions that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MRSB) and Financial Industry Regulation Authority are cooperating to address the problem. He points out that the effectiveness of...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mixed in Modest Calendar. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p40
The article reports that the Bond Buyer's yield indexes for the week ending March 23, 2006 were mixed. The performance was influenced in part by a modest calendar and some tender-option bond programs. As a result for some portion of the week, the municipal bond market slowed down. Weekly average...