Analysts Expect More One-Shots to Fill N.J.'s Budget Hole
- Senate Appropriations Chief: IRS Cuts Could Have Been Much Worse. Clark, Charles S. // Government Executive;12/22/2014, p1
The article reports on the possible negative outcomes of the proposed U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) budget cut due to its alleged political bias. It notes that Senate Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Barbara Mikulski has fought for higher IRS funding. Mikulski considers the spending...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p30
The article lists the top ten e-mailed stories regarding bonds in the U.S. including the launching of the post-issuance compliance check on governmental bond issuers by the Internal Revenue Service, the municipal bond yield curve and the budget deficits in San Francisco, California.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p30
Reports developments related to bonds in the southeastern states of the United States as of October 2001. Measures taken by Governor Jeb Bush to address problems on budget deficit in Florida; Plans of the New Hanover County in North Carolina to sell certificates of participation to fund...
- Arizona Governor Presses Use of Debt to Combat Growing Budget Deficit. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p4
Reports on the emphasis of Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull on the use of revenue bonds to combat the state's budget deficit. Cost of restarting public school repairs in case of the program's closure; House Speaker Jim Weiers' opposition to debt; Weiers' proposal to decrease spendings; Possible...
- BAB Subsidy Payments to Be Cut 7.2% in Fiscal 2014. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/2/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33989, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced to cut the subsidy payments to issuers of Build America Bonds (BAB) and other direct-pay bonds by 7.2 percent as part of the U.S. Congress sequestration in 2014. It states that the sequestration reduction rate for the...
- IRS Proceeds With Enforcement in Colorado Authority Zero-Coupon Case. Kinnader, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p36
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has concluded that its bond enforcement group has the right to audit zero-coupon bonds issued by the Colorado Health Facilities Authority. Impact of the IRS decision on issuers of the bonds; IRS scrutiny of several bond issuers in the country...
- IRS Auditing Up to 15 Housing Issues, With More to Come. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31345, p5
Reports on the effort of U.S. Internal Revenue Service to audit between ten to 15 single family housing bond. Examination of dozens of solid-waste facility bond; Details of things to consider during the examination; Problems in multifamily housing bonds.
- Auditing a Telephone Book. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit bond issues that utilized the telephone book Tefra structure in the U.S. Concerns of the IRS on the legitimacy of the bond issues; Disclosure on the names of the bond issuers; Susceptibility of the deal to violate the arbitrage...
- Health Care Buyers Shouldn't Ignore Taxation Risks, Merrill Analyst Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p47
Reports that the risk of taxation has to be added to the list of concerns investors should evaluate when buying health care bonds. United States Internal Revenue Service's auditing of a bond sale by Ascension Health; Size of the deal.