Political Tomes Still Pepper Hardcover Nonfiction Category
- Politics, Policy Still Holding Lead On NYT Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p7
Reports that politics and policy books are considered as big sellers to date in 2005, according to BPR's analysis of the nonfiction hardcover list in the U.S. Number one rank of HarperCollins company in the hardcover nonfiction list of the "New York Times"; List of bestsellers from Penguin Group...
- RH, Penguin Group in Tight Race in Hardcover Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p7
The article offers information on the top 15 hardcover nonfiction books for the week ending September 17, 2006. The Random House Inc. has two titles in the top ten that includes "Feel Bad About My Neck," by Nora Ephron on the number one slot and "The Looming Tower," by Lawrence Wright, on the...
- Penguin's New Hudson Street Press. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p101
Reports that publishing company Penguin USA provided details on the new imprints started by Laureen Rowland, who will oversee Hudson Street Press, as of January 2004. Features of the list.
- Puffin's TV spot is unlikely to begin a new publishing trend. White, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);4/13/2001, Issue 15, p24
Describes the television advertising of book publisher Puffin. Implications for book industry; Influence of budget on use of television advertising to improve sales of a publisher; Advantages and disadvantages of television campaigns.
- What Becomes a Classic Most? Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p15
Comments on the plans of Penguin Group for a paperback imprint called Essential Editions which will be released in the U.S. in September 2005. Books included in the Essential Editions; Criticisms on the paperback imprint; Price of the books.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p7
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of bestseller scorecard of the publishers for nonfiction paperback as of August 2003. Number of book titles published by Random House Inc.: Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the list; Total number of weeks for including the books published by Penguin Group USA.
- Random House and Penguin Group USA Lead In Nonfiction Hardcover. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the domination of Random House Inc. and Penguin Group USA Inc. in the hardcover nonfiction â€œNew York Timesâ€ bestseller list in the U.S. Rank of Regnery Publishing Inc. for its John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi title â€œUnfit for Commandâ€; Number of Random House...
- Political Titles Still Hot On NYT Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p6
The article presents information on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list. Political-themed titles are shining in the list with over half the titles in the top 10 connected to politics and policy. Random House Inc. has 30 books with a combined 138 weeks on the list, making it...
- Random House, Penguin Leading Paperback Fiction Category. // Book Publishing Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p7
Presents the ranking of various U.S. book publishers based on the bestseller list for paperback fiction of the "New York Times." Position of Random House Inc. in the bestseller list; Number of Penguin Group USA Inc.'s book titles on the paperback fiction list; Place of Simon & Schuster Inc. in...