- Harcourt Aims For More Children's Fiction In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the plan of Harcourt Children's Books to continue its move towards publishing more fiction in 2005, in the U.S. Appointment of Kathy Dawson as associate editorial director of the company; Total number of books published by the company in 2004; Aim of the company to increase the title...
- Coming Attractions: Fall Fiction in Trade Paper. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 26, p23
Reports on publishers that are planning to release paperback originals in the U.S. in Fall 2002. Broadway Books; Ballantine; Harcourt.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p5
The article presents news briefs related to book publishing. Simon & Schuster's Fireside imprint will publish Don't Kiss Them Goodbye, a nonfiction title by Allison DuBois that is the inspiration behind the popular National Broadcasting Company show Medium. The book will have a new introduction...
- Shifts at Harcourt. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;4/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the consolidation of the Gulliver Books imprint with Harcourt Children's Books, as of April 25, 2005. Reason for the consolidation; Overview of executive promotions at Harcourt due to the consolidation.
- distribution daybook. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 31, p23
Presents updates on book distribution as of July 30, 2001. Returns rate at BookWorld Services Inc. of Sarasota, Florida; Addition of the first distribution client of Daedalus Books; Distributor in Canada for Harcourt Trade Publishing.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;3/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p8
Presents news items related to the book industry in the United States as of March 22, 2004. Appointment of Rebecca Saletan as editor-in-chief of Harcourt Trade Publishers; Appointment of Rob McMahon as senior editor for HarperCollins' Morrow/Avon imprint.
- Haller Moving to Harcourt. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p11
Announces the appointment of Jennifer Haller at the children division of Harcourt Trade as vice president of sales in September 2004. Overview of her responsibilities.
- Harcourt and Houghton Mifflin Lower Guidance for K-12 after Tough Q3. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p1
The article provides information on the down revenue expectations of K-12 textbook publishers in the U.S. According to EM estimates, Harcourt has generated $1.44 billion revenue in the country for 2005. On the other hand, revenue from Houghton Mifflin's K-12 publishing segment decline 2.4% to...
- A light goes out for African writing. Mensah, Nana Yaa // New Statesman;2/24/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4626, p55
Discusses the link that has been severed between African writers and readers worldwide. Harcourt Publishing and its plans to no longer publish new work in its Heinemann African Writers Series (AWS); How and when the AWS was founded; Importance of the AWS for young writers in Africa; Some...