Bookfinder.com Ranks Most Sought After Out-Of-Print Books Of 2004
- Windows shopping. Aronson, Jeff // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/15/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7194, p1359
Focuses on several booksellers on web sites in Great Britain. Bookseller outlets in the country; Description of the catalogues; Effects of the web sites to book selling industry.
- Looking For The Silver Linings in the Shakeups of 21st-Century Bookselling. O'REILLY, TIM // Kirkus Reviews;2/1/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p170
The article presents the views of two female publishers on the current market for bookselling in the U.S. Sarah Weinman of Publishers Marketplace says the current bright spot is seeing independent booksellers find ways to evolve and engage with readers however possible. Kassia Krozser of...
- A Good Read Is Easy to Find. Roberts-Grey, Gina // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p115
The article reviews several Web sites on book swapping, available at www.bookmooch.com, www.swaptree.com and www.bookins.com.
- 15 Trends to Watch in 2008. Shatzkin, Mike // Publishers Weekly;1/7/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 1, p22
The article looks at the trends in the publishing industry in 2008. The popularity of e-books will increase, with titles formatted for Amazon's Kindle leading the way. Sales of books in electronic form to public libraries will continue to grow. Publishers will start acquiring specialized Web...
- Lessons from the Web. Westheimer, Mary // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p25
Reports on the emergence of Internet bookselling. Reason for buying books online; Advantage of independent booksellers over their large online competitors; Factors that affect independent bookstores in previous years.
- WEB FIND. Bekiaris, Maria // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2010, Issue 124, p44
The article reviews the web site www.bookdepository.co.uk, a British online bookseller that offers free worldwide delivery service.
- Books and the Net. Goldsborough, Reid // RN;Nov99, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p18
Relates that the advent of the Internet has caused significant changes in the publication and purchase of books. Selection of books in Amazon.com; Web sites that allow the downloading of books for free.
- U.S. books for Britain: Will Web sales infringe rights? Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;10/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 41, p12
Describes the issues surrounding the sales of United States books online in Great Britain. Reasons for controversy; Price and quality of service factors; Practice of Blackwell's on Web; Need for level playing field among booksellers; Revenue forecast for online book industry; Internet plans for...
- Big Box TV Ads Growing While Bookstores Turn to Social Media. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p12
The article examines the status of advertising (ads) in large department stores or retailers and booksellers. According to the surveys from Experian Simmons in the spring of 2011 and the winter of 2013, large department stores or retailers are increasing spending in video ads. Meanwhile, the...