Symantec Press/Addison-Wesley Launch Computer Security Series
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;4/27/2010, p12
The article offers information on the Global Internet Security Threat Report of computer security company Symantec Corp. in 2010. The report reveals the occurrence of malicious cyber activities in emerging countries that may cause danger to various offshore and outsourced business operations....
- A TRIP TO THE ANTIVIRUS WAR ROOM. Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune;10/18/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 8, p272
The article focuses on information-security company Symantec, where the fight against computer viruses and worms means coping with 500 million alerts a day. More than 500 major customers have entrusted Symantec to monitor or manage their firewalls, servers, and gateways. This sleek,...
- DATAMONITOR: Symantec Corporation. // Symantec Corporation SWOT Analysis;Feb2012, p1
A company profile of Symantec Corp., which is engaged in making security software for computers , is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes strengths,...
- ENTERPRISE: NETWORK SECURITY. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p77
Evaluates the Symantec Gateway Security 460. Features; Limitations of the product; Price.
- ON VIRUS PATROL. Rohan, Rebecca; Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p56
Reviews the computer security software Norton AntiVirus 2004 from Symantec.
- BIG SECURITY BLANKET. Rohan, Rebecca; Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p56
Reviews the computer security software Norton Internet Security 2004 from Symantec.
- Hackers created 1.6m security threats last year. Skinner, Carrie-Ann // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;5/10/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p31
The article focuses on the creation of 1.6 million new security threats by hackers in 2008, according to the Internet Security Threat Report of the security vendor Symantec. The primary source of infection was attributed to the web. The report noted that the aim of 90% of attacks was to steal...
- Symantec Strengthens Endpoint Security for Enterprises. Munshi, Renee // Windows IT Pro;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p32
Provides information on Critical System Protection (CSP) 5.0 software from Symantec. Functions of the CSP 5; Information on endpoint security strategy of the company; Security technologies acquired by Symantec.
- Annual Symantec Internet Security Report Finds Cyber Attacks Up. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;5/1/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p8
The article informs that the computer security firm Symantec (SYMC) in its annual Internet Security Threat Report said that the number and variety of targeted cyber attacks increased in 2011 however number of new vulnerabilities declined. Stephen Trilling, Chief Technology Officer (CEO) at...