Publishers Boosting Presence In Children's Series Category
- Cooking, Faith Titles Dominate New York Times Advice & Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p6
This article focuses on publishers of the "New York times," hardcover/paperback advice lists. Random House is the No. 1 publisher in the hardcover/paperback advice & miscellaneous category with eight titles on the list for a combined 61 weeks. Another publisher HarperCollins is the No. 2...
- The Dynamic Russian Book Market. TAN, TERI // Publishers Weekly;4/4/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 14, Special section p1
The article presents an update on the state of the publishing industry in Russia as of April 2011. There has been a significant shift in the industry from state-owned publishing and distribution to privately held and increasingly client driven. The Russian cities where publishing and...
- Will the masses read Canadian? Martin, Sandra // Books in Canada;Feb75, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on reports about the publishing industry in Canada. Secretary of State's analysis of the mass-market paperback industry in Canada; 'English-Language Book Publishing in Canada,' by Paul Audley.
- An afternoon paper New York didn't get. Merlis, George // Columbia Journalism Review;Spring1968, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
This article presents an article narrating the idea of publishing an afternoon newspaper by the Daily News in New York City in the 1960s. The decision of the Daily News not to enter the afternoon field seems all the more sad to me because I knew what the proposed afternoon newspaper was like....
- 'L.A. Times' takes on world. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;8/20/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 34, pS-8
Presents information on the operations of the general interest newspaper 'Los Angeles Times,' as of 1990. Market competitors; Estimated time spent by the average reader with the 'Los Angeles Times'; Design of the newspaper, aimed at making it more accessible to readers; Impact of the economy on...
- Northern Publishing goes for the gold. Woodring, Jeannie // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on publishing in Alaska. Struggle of northern newspapers to remain profitable; State of magazine publishing; Growth of book publishing. INSET: Making a magazine work, by Carol Smith..
- The Canon-Hitting the Target. Winston, Kimberly; Bearden, Michelle; Schlumpf, Heidi; Nelson, Marcia Z.; Kress, Michael; Labbe, Theola S.; Borchard, Therese; Musleah, Rahel // Publishers Weekly;10/9/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 41, p55
Offers a look on the challenges posed by Bibles and sacred texts to publishers, marketers and retailers in the United States. Views of Tom Mockabee on the sales for study Bibles; Service to consumers; Strategies in marketing these texts. INSETS: What's Inside;Making the Old Texts New;Making...
- Spar witnesses growth from managed ranged. // In-Store;Mar2004, p6
Announces that the Spar group has witnessed growth in magazine and newspaper sales in Great Britain. Percentage growth posted by individual stores.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;6/30/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p2
Presents a chart listing the publishers with the most number of books on the 'New York Times' newspaper's paperback fiction best seller lists in the first half of 2003.