Citation Analysis of Dissertation, Thesis, and Research Paper References in Workforce Education and Development
- UTILIZA��O DA CLASSIFICA��O INTERNACIONAL PARA A PR�TICA DE ENFERMAGEM (CIPE) NA PRODU��O CIENT�FICA DE UM PROGRAMA DE P�S-GRADUA��O EM ENFERMAGEM. Lima da N�brega, Maria Miriam; Nascimento, Danielle Martins // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;5/1/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p123
Objective: to discuss the use of International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP�), the scientific production the Post-Graduate Program in Nursing of the UFPB as a Collaborating Center of the International Council of Nurses. Methodology: this is about a bibliographic research,...
- Magazines. Katz, Bill // Library Journal;6/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p200
Reviews the periodical `Caduceus,' by editorial board, Southern Illinois University.
- SIU Opens Minority Fellowships to All Students. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;3/9/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the Southern Illinois University (SIU) board of trustees has voted unanimously in February 2006 to accept a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice that averts a potential lawsuit over three graduate fellowships. According to SIU General Counsel Jerry Blakemore,...
- Evaluation of References in Dissertations and Theses against the Holdings in a University Library. Omoba, Florence Adeola; Fabunmi, Beatrice Ayodeji // Library Philosophy & Practice;
The article discusses a study that determined the adequacy of the Kenneth Dike Library collection to support post-graduate research in the Faculty of Science of the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Seven basic types of numerical facts are needed, including theses produced within 2000/2001 and...
- Fired woman's case heats up by 1 degree. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Jun2009, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the case of student Cristi Turpin, who was fired for lying on her job resume. Turpin, who started applying for jobs after submitting her doctoral dissertation at the Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois, later found that some clerical error did not fulfill...
- Justice Department Threatens Suit Over Southern Illinois University's Minority Fellowships. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;12/1/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p21
The article reports that Federal prosecutors are planning to sue Southern Illinois University over three graduate school scholarship programs aimed at women and minorities for being discriminatory. U.S. senator Barack Obama says that the possible motive of the move is to boost President George...
- How To Be a Good Graduate Student. McCloskey, Deirdre N. // Eastern Economic Journal;Fall2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p487
Presents several techniques to succeed in graduate school. Importance of quality in dissertation; Selection of a topic for dissertation; Obedience to faculty teachers.
- Retirees mentoring at-risk college students. Bedient, D.; Snyder, V. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb92, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p462
Discusses how a mentoring program using the skills of retired faculty members at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale can help students who arrive on campus underprepared. Program organization and recruitment; Evaluation; Replication.
- The SIUC student health program and strategic planning process: An overview. McVay, Samuel E. // Wellness Perspectives;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Describes the strategic planning process for the Student Health Wellness Center at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (SIUC). Purpose and goals statement for the Student Health Program; Members of the Student Health Advisory Board; Content of the Wellness Center program.