JOHN PAUL THE GREAT
- FIDES ET RATIO - RAPORTUL DINTRE CREDINÅ¢Ä‚ ÅžI RAÅ¢IUNE. O LECTURÄ‚ ANALITICÄ‚. Bodea, Marcel // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Theologia Catholica;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3/4, p155
One of the main feature about analytic theology is that it is a form of rationalism to provide conceptual clarifications and grounds for the religious belifs. This paper is an analytic theology reading, it is a research at the intersection of analytic philosophy and Christian theology. It...
- A PASSION FOR TRUTH: THE WAY OF FAITH AND REASON. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1998, Issue 88, p65
Presents observations on Pope John Paul II's `Fides et Ratio' (Faith and Reason) encyclical. Concept of human beings as natural philosophers; Operation of philosophy and the sciences within the order of natural reason; Reason's capacity for knowledge of God; Distinction between faith and reason...
- `Faith and Reason' A Note on the New Encyclical. Dulles, Avery // America;10/31/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on the encyclical entitled `Faith and Reason (Fides et Ratio),' by Pope John Paul II. Highlights of the encyclical; Pope's different perspectives about faith and reason.
- LA UNIDAD DE LA VERDAD EN EL ACCESO A DIOS: CIENCIA, RAZÃ“N Y FE. TANZELLA-NITTI, GIUSEPPE // Scripta Theologica;may-ago2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p409
Though Fides et ratio mainly concerns the relationship between philosophy and theology, a careful reading of the text suggests that the activity of the sciences is not foreign to the core message of the encyclical. A few but meaningful references to scientific knowledge and to the activity of...
- FROM 'ET' TO 'UT': THE ENCYCLICAL LETTER FIDES ET RATIO AND THE MISSION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SAN... // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p69
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Emphasis on the relationship between faith and reason; Fruit of lifetime of philosophical and theological reflection; Importance of applying appropriate hermeneutics to a text; Mission of University of San...
- FIDES ET RATIO AND THE UNIVERSITY: REFLECTIONS ON THINKING WITHIN A TRADITION. Torre, Michael // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p93
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Essence of Catholic tradition; Usual audience of a papal letter; Model for the way the Catholic tradition can be appropriated on a Catholic campus; View on the relation between reason and faith.
- Faith, Reason, and the Christian University: What Pope John Paul II Can Teach Christian Academics. Beckwith, Francis J. // Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought & Culture;Summer2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p53
The article discusses the teaching of Pope John Paul II at Baylor University. The Pope suggests that the university should not claim to offer a distinctive theological alternative to its peer institutions while claiming that it is not good for the university to require their members to follow...
- Uniting Faith and Reason. Woodward, Kenneth L. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);10/26/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 132 Issue 17, p59
Focuses on Pope John Paul II's call on philosophers to discover truths that matter on his 20th anniversary of his pontificate. The encyclical defending human reason and its necessary relationship to faith, `Fides et Ratio'; The letter, `Faith and Reason,' as evidence of his legacy as a...
- Fides et Ratio (Book Review). Austriaco, Nicanor P.G. // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1/2, p209
Reviews the book 'Fides et Ratio: On the Relationship Between Faith and Reason,' by John Paul II.