YEAH, BUT WHAT WAS IN IT FOR MOTHER TERESA?
- A British TV team provides relief at last for Mother Teresa's ominous popularity. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/28/94, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p38
Addresses a headline in the Alberta newspaper `Edmonton Sun' which reads `Mother Teresa called Hell's Angel.' What a film denounces her as; How this must come as a relief for her; What the New Testament says about persecution.
- Management lesson. Bennet, Michael C. // Machine Design;12/11/97, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p207
Suggests few lessons in management from the late Mother Teresa. How Mother Teresa built world-class organization in less than 50 years; Meeting with the world leaders without the help of personal relation firms of lobbyists.
- Who will succeed Mother Teresa? Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;10/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p7
Reports on the speculations concerning Mother Teresa's possible successor as head of the Missionaries of Charity.
- Mother Teresa to step down. // National Catholic Reporter;1/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the decision of Mother Teresa to step down as superior general of the Missionaries of Charity due to ailing health.
- Sr. Nirmala chosen to lead. // National Catholic Reporter;3/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p8
Reports that Sister Nirmala, a Hindu convert to Roman Catholicism, has succeeded Mother Teresa as head of the Missionaries of Charity on March 13, 1997.
- Mother Teresa to travel. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;05/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p9
Reports on Mother Teresa's plan for an international tour on May and June 1997. Mother Teresa's recovery from eight-month confinement to bed and wheelchair; Itinerary.
- Brotherhood of man dept. Eugenides, Jeffrey // New Yorker;09/22/97, Vol. 73 Issue 28, p53
Features Mother Teresa of Calcutta, India. Death in the shadow of Diana, Princess of Wales; Mother Teresa's home for the dying destitute known as `Kalighat'; Description of Mother Teresa; Promise of helping people die; Mother Teresa's lasting, secular legacy concerning the world's misfortunes.
- Angel, saint, or male opportunist in drag? Self, Will // Spy Magazine;Dec97/Jan98 Special Issue Holiday, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p30
Presents the alleged truth about Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa as Terry Cohen to the author; Last visit of the author to the Missionary of Charity compound in Calcutta, India; Cohen's scam in India.
- At the end of life... // U.S. Catholic;Nov97, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p9
Quotes Mother Teresa on how people will be judged at the end of their lives.