Jews Choosing Life
- An ugly reaction to an ugly truth. White, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Describes the violence that erupted after the Saskatoon Alliance for Life (SAL) paid the `Saskatoon Star-Phoenix' to print and distribute 100,000 copies of an eight-page tabloid titled `Unmasking Planned Parenthood,' which SAL executive director Bernadette Mysko found in a Kelowna pro-life...
- Sudden activism among the Catholic bishops. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/12/93, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p36
Reports on the subtle signals that the pro-life movement is losing heart and that the Catholic bishops are suddenly flinging themselves into the fray. Changes apparent in Ontario, Canada; Task Group of Abortion Service Providers' recommendations; Reasons for the clerical pro-life revival; Details.
- Will Planned Parenthood sue the kids? Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p35
Reveals that Planned Parenthood Alberta has threatened court action against Calgary Youth for Life over a conference brochure listing a seminar titled `Shock Value... Exposing Planned Parenthood's Death Plan.' Teen pro-life conference held in Calgary on Freedom of Truth; What students learned...
- Police case studies. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar1995, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p13
Introduces three case studies in police decisionmaking published by the Police Executive Research Forum. `The Cedar Grove Riot'; `Drug Enforcement in Minority Communities'; `Response to Antiabortion Demonstrations'; Contact information.
- No place to hide. Diamond, Sara // Humanist;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p39
Comments on the political activities of pro-choice and anti-abortion groups. Impact of the murder of anti-abortion physician David Gunn; Legislation favoring pro-choice; `Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act'; `Freedom of Choice Act'; Strengths and weaknesses of anti-abortion groups;...
- France: Attacks by anti-abortionists continue. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p72
Reports on the prevalence of attacks by anti-abortionists in France. Penalties given to violent anti-abortionists.
- Questions from Wichita. // America;9/14/1991, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p131
Editorial. Questions the effectiveness of Operation Rescue's tactics in Wichita, Kans. Picketed three abortion clinics which perform final trimester abortions, from July 15 to August 25, 1991, resulting in 2,600 arrests; Positive effects were publicity, group's constituency; August 25, 1991...
- French government cracks down on abortion protests. Dorozynski, Alexander // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/8/95, Vol. 311 Issue 6997, p81
Reports that four members of an antiabortion group in France was sentenced to prison and fined by a court in Roanne. Abortion as legal in France since 1975; Obstruction of legal abortions as a criminal offense; Exclusion of antiabortionists from the amnesty granted to minor offenders to mark...
- The loneliness of a prolife liberal. Humphrey, K. // America;10/1/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p181
Personal account of a woman, who is prolife, trying to find political candidates to support who are both liberal and prolife.
- March for Life marches on. // Catholic Digest;Jan2010, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p12
The article announces the March for Life scheduled on January 22, 2010 in Washington, D.C.