The Mind of Maimonides
- Securing the Jewish future. Shlomo Riskin, Rabbi // Jewish Advocate;4/26/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 17, p10
In this article, the author reflects on how to secure the future of the Jewish Community and also informs about the sayings of Moses Maimonides, a Sephardic Jewish philosopher.
- Editor's foreword. G. F. // Aleph: Historical Studies in Science & Judaism;2008, Vol. 8, p13
The article discusses various papers published in this issue, including one by Aviezer Ravitzky on an English translation of an article by Samuel Ibn Tibbon and another on Maimonides' view on the knowability of the heavens.
- 'The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau': Isaac Abravanel between Judah Halevi and Moses Maimonides. Hoch, Liron; Kellner, Menachem // Jewish History;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1/2, p61
The authors of this essay originally hypothesized that Abravanel was attracted to Halevi with his heart, as it were, but in the end was forced back into the Maimonidean fold by his intellect. However it became clear that Abravanel was much closer to Halevi than we originally thought. Both...
- Maimonidean Scholarship: Pointing the Way Beyond the Academy. Diamond, James A. // Jewish History;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2/3, p227
Examines scholarly studies on Modes Maimonides. Assessment of the figures of Jewish intellectual history; Transformation of Judaism; Theology.
- REDEEMING THE TEMPLE MOUNT. Shapiro, Bernard J. // Maccabean;Oct2009, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p9
In this article the author examines the issue of rebuilding the Temple Mount and its significance to Jewish history as well as its effect on the world. Some prominent Jewish personalities have differing views on the issue, but the medieval Jewish philosopher Rambam refuted all myths about...
- YAHUDÄ° Ä°MAN ESASLARI. Aydin, Ravza // Journal of Faculty of Theology, Sakarya University / Sakarya Ãœn;2012, Issue 25, p189
Judaism does not have a system of creeds which binds its adherents like Christianity or Islam have. From time to time, some articles of faith in Judaism were composed by Jewish thinkers. Although the articles of faith determined by Moshe ben Maimon(d.1204) were accepted by most Jewish people,...
- Introduction. Kellner, Menachem // Jewish History;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2/3, p125
Discusses the study of Moses Maimonides. Philosophy; View of God; Vision of Judaism.
- The proper way to instruct. Riskin, Rabbi Shlomo // Jewish Advocate;4/19/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 16, p10
The author presents his views on different teachings of the Talmud and Rabbi Moses Maimonides on different Jewish custom's and traditions including sin, rightful courtesy and obeyance of command.
- English Abstracts. // Tarbiz;2010-2011, Vol. 79 Issue 3/4, following p589
Abstracts of articles published in the October 2010 issue of "Tarbiz" are presented, including "Sefer Yetzirah: Twelve Commentaries on Sefer Yetzirah and the Extant Remnants of R. Isaac of Bedresh's Commentary," "How Did the Hatam-Sofer Seek to Trump Spinoza? Text, Hermeneutics and Romanticism...