Talking to Generation X
- Generation X: What they think and what they plan to do. Losyk, Bob // Public Management (00333611);Dec97, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p4
Presents the results of a survey on attitudes of Americans who belong to the `Generation X.' Patience in looking for a well-paying job; Independence at a young age; Lack of loyalty and commitment to the workplace.
- The X files. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;2/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p105
Focuses on the rituals and feeding habits of members of generation X. Preferences in beverages; Considerations in selecting a restaurant to dine in; Comparison with choices and preferences of previous generations.
- Pop quiz. Allerton, Haidee; Tulgan, Bruce // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Gives tips on how to manage and motivate generation Xers. Approaches to tap Xers's potential; Risks involved in hiring Xers.
- When Xers turn out to be younger yuppies. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/3/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p20
Elaborates on the finding by Langer Associates that Generation Xers in the United States do not have generational solidarity. Air of superiority in some groups; Resentment of the arrogant group by other groups.
- Measuring the generation gap in the new Asia. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/23/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p22
Presents the results of a study conducted by Ogilvy & Mather on the attitudes of the Generation X in Asia. Conservatism and community-orientation of Asian in their 20s; Differences in the perception of the Xers and people in the 45-59 age group.
- Old enough to know. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/18/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p12
Reports on Yankelovich Partners' survey which revealed that members of generation X are more determined and confident than older people.
- Readers Sound Off: Are Gen Xers Arrogant or Just Misunderstood? Fisher, Anne // Fortune;2/17/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p139
Opinion. Reports the response that the author received after asking why member of so-called Generation X were so unmanageable. The number of responses received; Quotes from readers.
- Gen-X execs. // Business Press;04/24/98, Vol. 10 Issue 52, p35
Presents a profile of Generation X executives in the United States, based on a report by `Strategy & Business' magazine.
- Odds & ends. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);07/21/97, Issue 29, p18
Presents the results to a survey taken by generation-Xers in the United States on the preferred companion for when stranded on a deserted island.