The Dish on Scripps' Lowe
- On-Demand Creating World of Opportunity. Clasen, Robert // Television Week;11/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p10
The article offers a view on the transition of television programming from stationary and linear to mobile and on-demand television. It was viewed that there are benefits in using video-on-demand as a mass media: it can draw millions of home viewers, it can create a satisfying experience among...
- Alternatives That Rock. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the role of sports documentaries on U.S. television networks as of March 2004. Benefits of documentaries for the networks; Appeal to male and female viewers; Video-on-demand opportunities.
- from the editor. MARAIS, JANA // Finweek;12/3/2015, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) on the television and media industry.
- Buffalo Soldiers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/13/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the success of the news programs of WIVB in Buffalo, New York. It states that WIVB has been dominating the ratings of news programs, posting a 12 household rating per 22 share in March 2009. It is discussed that a May 2009 win in ratings would mark nine straight years for...
- EVEN BAD NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Mathur, Arti // Variety;7/15/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 8, p21
Talks about the news broadcasting sector in India as of July 2002. Plan of New Delhi Television to launch channels in March 2002; Companies which are planning to also launch channels; Gain in advertising on news as a genre.
- STATION Dish. // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. television stations as of August 18, 2003. Performance of Chicago's NBC station WMAQ-TV from July 10 to August 6, 2003; Information on the 30-minute newscast produced by Tallahassee's Gray Communications-owned CBS station WCTV-TV for Pegasus-owned Fox station...
- BIZ BRAVES SUB SNUBS. Levine, Stuart // Variety;10/3/2011, Vol. 424 Issue 8, p21
The article discusses international television broadcasting and program finance. The impact on sales of television program rights to international broadcasting companies of competition from subscription video on demand services such as are offered by the DVD-video disc rental company Netflix is...
- DATAMONITOR: The E.W. Scripps Company. // E. W. Scripps Company SWOT Analysis;Jul2011, p1
A profile of diversified company E.W. Scripps Co., which focuses on television stations, newspapers, and local news, as well as information web sites in the U.S., is presented. It provides an overview of the company's operation and history, along with its key facts including contact information,...
- Digital and data will give Channel 4 a new lease of life. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);5/17/2013, p3
The author discusses the launching of the new Channel 4 television station. It is stated that the broadcaster is developing new advertising format, digital programmes such as "Million Pound Drop," "The Bank Job" and "Was It Something I Said." It also discusses the partnership Channel 4 forged...