BellSouth Is Testing ADSL+2 for Data
- You're Wired! Pachetti, Nick // Money;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p102
This is an article that presents information on how to get cable television, internet and telephone services from one company, in order to save money through package deals. Dave Wisland, 53, runs a consultancy from his home in suburban St. Louis. He thought he needed SBC's high-speed Internet...
- 5 TRENDS TO ENHANCE BROADBAND. Johnson, James C. // Black Enterprise;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p58
The article focuses on several broadband technology trends that would influence the way we receive entertainment and information at home and work. Internet Protocol Television uses improved bandwidth to transmit customized video. Voice-over-Internet-Protocol allows a person to make voice phone...
- BellSouth launches wireless cable. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on BellSouth's November 1997 entry into the wireless cable television market with the launch of a 166-channel digital system serving the New Orleans market in Louisiana. Background on the BellSouth service; Use of Zenith's digital set-top boxes developed for the Americast consortium;...
- U.S. satellite homes top 10M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the number of digital satellite receiver homes in the United States at the end of the third quarter of 1999. Reports from DirecTV and EchoStar Communications Corp.
- DirecTV on the way; are buyers? Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p124
Reports that some television experts in the United State believe that DirecTV's plans to broadcast two channels of high-definition (HD) programming may cause an increase in the sales of digital television sets. Number of broadcasters expected to offer high-definition signals by the time digital...
- ULTIMATE BIRD DEAL. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;06/13/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on a partnership signed by Microsoft Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to offer the UltimateTV satellite-digital video recorder-Internet access system. Description of how the service will work; Expansion goal for the service.
- The Year of Living Digitally. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on kids networks on digital tiers that are hoping to finally come of age in 2006. However, most of the digital networks have limited distribution and programming budgets. Most networks believe that sharply defined brands and programming strategies are crucial. According to...
- Digital evolution. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/5/2005, p34
This article reports that the majority of British households now have multichannel television. Whether received through cable service Freeview and other cables and satellite, consumers are demanding instant access to programmes, at a time to suit them. In 2012, when the government switches off...
- Building a better bundle. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p24
Reports that BellSouth struck an agreement with General Electric's Americom unit to use advanced satellite technology to deliver digital television. Telecommunication services offered by BellSouth; Terms of the agreement; Information on BellSouth's plans to offer satellite television.