- Showbiz battered in Street tumult. Goldsmith, Jill; DiOrio, Carl // Variety;9/24/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 6, p7
Provides information on the stock performance of mass media companies in the United States as of September 30, 2001. Viacom; AOL Time Warner; USA Networks.
- Media misery: Downgrades slam Viacom, AOL TW, Dis. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p53
Reports on the decline in the stock trading prices of media companies in the United States such as Viacom Inc., AOL Time Warner Inc. and Walt Disney Co., for the week prior to March 13, 2001.
- KM SATELLITE SAGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on the stock performance of satellite radio companies in the U.S. as of January 2005. XM Satellite Radio; Sirius Satellite Radio; TiVo.
- Cable Bolsters Viacom Results. // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p47
Reports on United States-based media company Viacom Inc.'s financial performance in the third quarter of the year 2000. Increase in the company's earnings from its cable television division.
- PAY SOARS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;12/26/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p50
The article presents information about Mel Karmazin, CEO of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. His compensation last year was more than double the fledgling radio concern's total sales. What's more, Mr. Karmazin's $151 million in total pay was so huge that it even dwarfed that of the perennial local...
- Wild ride with satellite launch. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/26/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p50
Analyzes New York City-based Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.'s stock performance. Movement of the company's stock by the end of 2000; Volatility of the stock; Business risks facing the company's broadcasting business.
- Analysts downgrade Viacom. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p18
Presents information on the decline of the stock of Viacom company. Views of Viacom chairman Summer Redstone; Future restructuring plans of the company.
- THE TITANS. // Entertainment Weekly;10/24/2003, Issue 734, p41
Analyzes the stock market performance of several media companies in the U.S. as of October 24, 2003, including Viacom and News Corp.
- Hard-sell Mel dumps shares. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/6/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the shares sold by Viacom Inc. chief operating officer Mel Karmazin of his total holdings. Reaction from Wall Street following the sale; Share price; Speculations on the reason behind Karmazin's decision.