- Scripps Tweaks Its Shopping Network. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the changes being implemented by E.W. Scripps Co. on its Shop At Home cable television (TV) network in the U.S. Purpose of the restructuring of the network; Terms of the acquisition of Shop At Home by Scripps; Plan of Scripps to launch a Hispanic TV network.
- CHARTER STUMBLES. // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p10
Presents graphical information which compares the basic subscribers of U.S. cable television network operator Charter Communications and multiple system operators in the third quarter of 2002.
- Cable Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p40
Presents a list of Cox Communications' cable systems with more than 100,000 basic subscribers in the U.S. as of February 2, 2004. Cox Arizona based in Phoenix; Cox San Diego in California; Cox Las Vegas in Nevada; Cox Baton Rouge in Louisiana.
- Cox seals multimedia deal. // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
Reports on cable television network Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Multimedia Cablevision Inc. Rise of subscription in Kansas, Oklahoma and North Carolina.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...
- Broadband. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p2
The article reports that an extension of a contract will enable U.S. cable television company Sigma Systems to continue being the operational service manager for Cox through 2010. The effect of the extension of the contract on Cox is described.
- Out-of-the-Box Thinking. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the initiative being worked on by Charter Communications Inc. and Sony Corp. concerning conditional access on cable television in the U.S. Potential separation of conditional access from traditional digital network-controller functions; Reduction in the conditional-access costs in...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p14
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 15, 2003. Agreement signed between Cox Sports Television and Charter Communications Inc.; Addition of the television program "Days of Our Lives from Sony Pictures Television in the lineup of SoapNet;...
- Charter goes tapeless. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/15/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p45
Reports that Charter Communications has selected Atlanta, Georgia-based Video Networks Inc. to create a national network that will digitally deliver commercials to Charter's cable headends in the United States. Terms of the deal; Value of the transaction.