FCC Pushes DBS Powers Out of Auction
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;7/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 137, p2
The article reports on the failure of cable television to have the U.S. Federal Communications Commission charge direct broadcast satellite (DBS) the same regulatory fees that cable pays. Cable pays fees on a per sub basis, about $50mln in 2006, while EchoStar and DirecTV pay $2mln annually...
- BIDDING FOR TIME. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/8/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the EchoStar's request with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a public hearing of its direct satcast service merger with DirecTV. EchoStar's offer to make major revisions to the terms of the proposed deal; EchoStar's request for the FCC to delay making a decision...
- FCC Raises Cable Payments 7%. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p63
Reports on a plan by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to increase cable regulatory fees by 7% for fiscal year 2006. Expectations of the FCC on the amount to be paid by direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp.; Public comment being...
- The glitter of DBS gold. Hancock, Amy E. // Satellite Communications;Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p22
Looks at the transformation underwent by direct broadcast satellite industry. Information on EchoStar's OpenTV software; Service offered by DirecTV on the emerging information-on-demand market; Total number of satellite subscribers.
- EchoStar slaps DirecTv with suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Reports on EchoStar's filing of an antitrust lawsuit against DirecTv on allegations that DirecTv conspired with manufacturing partners Thomson MultiMedia and Hughes Network Systems to monopolize distribution of direct-broadcast satellite systems. EchoStar's claim that DirecTv forced retailers...
- Satellite Firms Continue To Add Local Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Reports that DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. continued to expand their satellite television broadcasting services in the United States. List of television channels operated by the companies; Total number of American cities covered by the companies' satellite television...
- DBS Suppliers Hit Subscirber Records. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on record sales in the fourth quarter of 2000 for net subscriber additions for high-power direct-broadcast satellite operators in the United States. Number of new subscribers of EchoStar; Cumulative total DISH Network subscribers; Subscriber activations of DirecTV.
- DBS was hot in August. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p34
Reports on the sales performance of United States-based satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. for August 1999. Increase in number of subscribers.
- DBS eyes record sales in 2000. Hogan // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on developments related to the direct-broadcast satellite television industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Number of subscribers acquired by satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the year 1999; Companies' subscriber recruitment plans...