Dallas: Don't Free Comcast
- Sizing Up the Competition. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/4/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 17, p38
The author discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) stand on the decision of Comcast to withdraw from the Time Warner Cable deal and its impact on the cable and broadband network industry.
- Comcast Fights Ownership Limits. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p35
The article reports on the fight of Comcast Corp. (CC) against the cable-ownership limits which were set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. CC is said as the only cable operator who worries that a transaction involving cable subscribers could create an impact into cable...
- Regulation's Greatest Hits. // Multichannel News;11/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p20
The article presents some regulations made by the U.S. government for the cable television industry since 1980. It mentions the Cable Act of 1992 which is designed to regulate prices of basic and expanded tiers. It cites the decision of the Supreme Court in 2001 to establish pole rates for...
- Gore accuses cable of using FCC to delay competition from telcos. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p104
Reports on Vice President Al Gore's criticism of the cable industry for involving the Federal Communication Commission in the delay of competition from telecommunications.
- Tug-of-war over cable plans. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/96, Vol. 126 Issue 25, p17
Reports that regulators and cable companies are clashing over the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plans for deregulating cable rates. Exemption of cable companies with an affiliate that offers video programming.
- Cable ignores competition invitation. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/95, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p87
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission is against the proposed rate deregulation of the telecommunication industry. Competition in the cable television industry; Ability of the cable industry to raise rates in accordance to economic environment.
- FCC Staff Stiffs Cable on Deregulation. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Communication (FCC) to reject a National Cable & Telecommunications Association proposal designed to trigger rate deregulation across the country and allow cable systems to set basic able and equipment rates without local approval. ...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.