VOD's Cheerleader in Chief
- SAT SUBS MORE SATISFIED. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the increase of cable operators' video-on-demand and high speed data offerings to match the growth rate and consumer appeal of DBS rivals. Rate of cable compared to the satellite rates; Consumer satisfaction in satellite services; Criteria of greatest weight for customer satisfaction.
- A Week of New Eras. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p40
Deals with the innovations that will enable the growth of the digital broadcast satellite (DBS) industry in the U.S. as discussed in the 2003 SkyForum. Growth in high-speed data buyers of Comcast; Outlook of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau on the ratings of cable and satellite television;...
- Cable, Satellite Eye In-Car Media. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the plans of cable and satellite operators in the U.S. to install video channels in cars. Terms of the partnership between Comcast Corp. and car-parts maker Delphi Corp.; Information on the DirecTV Total Choice Mobile; Availability of the video service of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.
- Weather affects choice over satellite or cable TV. // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
Looks at the reasons for switching from satellite television to cable television. High-speed internet; Local channels; Video-on-demand programs; Absence of picture loss from rain or show.
- ALPHABET SOUP. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p12
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Commercial release of VOOM, the high definition television-focused direct broadcast satellite service from Rainbow Media, by Cablevision; Information on the free video-on-demand service launched by Blue...
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- DirecTV leads rapid ramp-up of digital channels. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/30/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 22, pA7
The article reports on United States cable and satellite television broadcasters' expansion of their digital channels. According to the author, DirecTV has initiated the trend by launching 72 national channels to increase its satellite coverage. Meanwhile, EchoStar's Dish Network has opened...
- Red, White & Brown. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that cable operators and satellite services providers in the U.S. have stepped up their efforts to pick up new viewers from audiences that identify with almost any country other than the U.S. Cable operators have a leg up among African-Americans while satellite has shown...
- Black Shopping Network moves into marketplace. // Advertising Age;5/30/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the expansion plans of Black Shopping Network, a cable home shopping service aimed at African-Americans in the U.S. Show features; Testing of satellite broadcasting of the show.