- Swimming With Sharks. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;9/26/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p64
Reviews the television program "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County," an MTV reality show about the lives of a group of teenagers in Orange County, California. Discussion of the increase in the show's ratings this season compared to last season; Comments from Tony DiSanto, the show's executive...
- MTV catches O.C. wave with 'Laguna' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 59, p5
Reports that youth entertainment cable channel MTV has started taping "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County," a hybrid of unscripted drama and unscripted reality that will premiere on September 14, 2004 in the youth-oriented cable network. Synopsis of the reality-based program; Creative and...
- interview Lauren Conrad. // NW;9/24/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p80
An interview with Lauren Conrad, who stars in the reality television program "The Hills" is presented. She recounted that when they did the reality show "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County," they thought it was going to be a one-episode documentary. She described her first public appearance...
- QT FROM THE OC. // Ralph;May2007, p11
The article features Kristin Cavallari. She is a star in the television series "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County." According to the author, the character of Cavallari gets involved in love triangle and has falling-outs with friends. The author mentioned that Cavallari has been featured on...
- TLC To Debut Reality Series. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of TLC, learning television network of Discovery Networks U.S. to broadcast four lifestyle reality series. Focus on the engaged couples and their wedding; Plan of Discovery Network for its documentaries commitment; Release of the documentaries by CameraPlanet.
- Discovery Asks or More Upfront. A. B. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 15, p52
Reports on plans of Discovery Networks to improve its advertising rates in the U.S. Percentage of an expected increase in cable advertising rates of the network; Background on ratings received by Discovery Channel in the first quarter of 2005; List of reality television programs launched on TLC.
- PEACOCK FANS TAIL. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;4/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Audience share in the weeknight television programming of NBC Entertainment; Rating of the reality program "The Apprentice"; Competition to the television program "American Idol" on Fox Television.
- Reality TV Preview. Bonawitz, Amy // People;9/27/2004, Vol. 62 Issue 13, p45
Reviews several upcoming reality television programs. 'Laguna Beach'; 'He's a Lady,' 'I Hate My Job'; 'The Contender.'
- MTV Gives Shows Online Bonus. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p20
Focuses on the efforts of MTV to create an after show brand for the original companion content it produces for its broadband platform known as MTV Overdrive. Information on the MTV online shows for cable series "Laguna Beach" and "Real World/Road Rules Challenges: The Gauntlet II"; Views of...