- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;7/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p12
Reports developments related to broadcasting as of July 2002. Confusion of consumers on high-definition television; Increase consumer awareness for demand and video-on-demand.
- In Demand adds HD to the menu. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Announces In Demand's introduction of its high-definition video-on-demand slate of videotapes. 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'; 'Road to Perdition'; 'The Tuxedo.'
- 10 video apps that will be under the tree in 2005. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;12/1/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p31
Features several video applications. Advantages of high definition television; Capabilities of networked personal video recorders; Specifications of True video-on-demand.
- HDTV HOUSEHOLDS OPT FOR HD VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p11
The article reports that research from Centris Research has found that about 50% of households in the U.S. with high-definition TV (HDTV) are opting to watch via video-on-demand (VOD) and other premium cable channels.
- Winter cuts the ice with P2. Dean, Richard // TVB Europe;Sep2007, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p30
The article reports that Panasonic Co.'s P2 technology has been used for the production of the Germany's first high definition sports feature. Initially named as "The Axe of Manitoba", the 90-minute feature documentary on the Frankfurt Lions ice hockey team is already on producer's Uwe Winter's...
- HD On-Demand Stuck in Slo-Mo. Kuhl, Craig // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p21
The article forecasts the slow growth of high-definition (HD) television programming to the video-on-demand (VOD) menu. Capacity and content are seen to affect the growth of HD VOD. The issue of bandwidth has an impact on the progress of HD on VOD. SureWest, cable television operator, is moving...
- The IPTV/VOD LANDSCAPE. Bloom, Max // Streaming Media;Apr/May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the benefits of the internet protocol television with video-on-demand capability (IPTV/VOD) on the high-definition (HD) television. IPTV has been anticipated to be used in the personal computers and television. This will provide better service to customers because they are...
- Cable Takes to High-Definition. Romano, Allison; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;2/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the popularity of high definition (HD) programming on cable television networks in the U.S. Plans of television networks Showtime, Comcast SportsNet and NBA TV for HD telecasts; Comments of Comcast SportsNet president and chief executive officer Jack Williams on the growth in HD...
- Demanding Video. Healy, Justin // Fortune;11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p30
Presents a letter to the editor about "Comcast Wants to Change the World" (Oct. 18) and Comcast's pursuit of video-on-demand (VOD).