Well-Connected Laine Tapped by Texas Cable Ops
- CTAM '05 Stakes Its Claim in Philly. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the cable executives who are expected to attend Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing's annual conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Estimated number of executives who will participate in the conference.
- Berry Heads NCTA Government Office. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p20
Reports the appointment of Steven K. Berry as senior vice president of government relations for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in December 2003. Political career of Berry; Reason for his selection; Involvement of Berry in a government scandal in 1992.
- CTAM Proffers Rainmakers, TAMIs. // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) has announced the name of the executives who will be honored for their efforts to help grow the industry at the group's annual CTAM Summit in August 2007 in the U.S. Some of the winners include Gary Dusa,...
- CTAM LEADS A CES SHOW TOUR. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p37
Reports on the tour of a group of cable multisystem operator marketers around the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada led by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Officials as of January 10, 2005. Activities and booths visited by the group; Officials included in...
- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- Their kind of town. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p82
Editorial. Comments on the induction of new cable television executives in the United States into the University Park, Pennsylvania-based National Cable Television Center and Museum Hall of Fame in 1999. Speculation on how cable television is going to harness new telecommunication technologies.
- Post--Labor Day Musings. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p36
Focuses on the underrepresentation of women in the top leadership spot in the cable and telecommunication industries in the U.S. History on phenomenon of women in the corporate workplace; Reorganization of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable with female representation in the corporate...
- What Price Wars? // CableFAX Daily;5/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 88, p2
Reports on an argument by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association against the claims by telecommunication executives that their entry into video will result in lower prices for consumers. Possible increase in the average cable subscription for Project Lightspeed of AT&T; Remarks...
- Autumn Breeze: Summit to Become a Fall Conference in 2010. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p1
Reports on the decision of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) to move the CTAM Summit from summer to fall in year 2010. Reasons for the move; Statement from CTAM president and chief executive officer Char Beales about the decision.