Public-Affairs Execs Get Some Schooling
- Cable Aids Katrina Victims. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p58
Comments on the efforts of the cable industry to help victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana. List of organizations that will benefit from the annual Walter Kaitz Foundation dinner proceeds; Creation of the Cable Help Fund by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association;...
- Cable Public Affairs: `A Whole New Game'. Wolfe, John // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p93
Reflects on the role of cable television public affairs professionals in the United States. Impact of changes in the cable television industry on public-affairs professionals; Challenges facing the profession; Cable Television Public Affairs Association's efforts to meet the needs of its members.
- Cable's Voice…. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p4
Reflects on several issues related to the cable industry in the U.S. Background on a meeting of the Cable Television Public Affairs Association; Views on the challenges faced by the cable industry; Role of the cable industry in the growth of programming choices.
- `Localism' in Chinese media context: An examination of a closed circuit community cable system. Yu, Xuejian; Sears, Anne // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Spring96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p208
Describes the structure and program content of Jianglu's closed circuit community cable system in China. Transformation of Chinese mass communication; Localism in the context of Chinese media; Significance of closed circuit community cable systems.
- AXN takes on the world. Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the success of AXN cable television channel. Operation of the channel in Asia; Information on the programming of the channel; Marketing efforts of the channel; Plan of the channel to enter the U.S. market.
- Advertising proves to be the big issue for connected TVs. Levy, Katherine // Campaign (UK);6/1/2012, Issue 22, p18
The article discusses the current row between the U.S. cable networks CBS, Fox and NBC and the largest U.S. satellite broadcaster, DISH, over a newly installed DVR feature.
- Executives: Media Centers Are a Must. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p61
Reports on the topics raised during the seminar held by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing of the Rocky Mountains in June 2004. Opinion of Mike Hayashi, Time Warner Cable senior vice president of set-top boxes and advanced technology, on digital video recorders; Comment...
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p40
Presents information on conferences and other activities in the U.S. cable television industry scheduled for January to June 2005.
- On the Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;9/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 182, p3
The article provides updates on seminars and conferences on media technologies in the U.S. The 35th annual National Hunting and Fishing Day was sponsored by The Outdoor Channel. CTAM Research Conference which will be held on February 7-9, 2007 in Saint Petersburg, Florida has opened its...