Ops Talk Over Their Hispanic-Market Tactics
- DBS Is Top Topic at Co-Op Conference. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p10
Reveals that competing with direct-broadcast satellite is the topic of the conference held in New Mexico by the National Cable Television Cooperative, an organization of small cable operators across the U.S. The conference discussed the latest marketing strategy of DirecTV and EchoStar...
- Why Satellite TV Consumers Have Been Cut Off. Merline, John // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p14
Discusses why satellite television (TV) consumers in the United States have been cut off in late February 1999. Dispute between the broadcast networks and the upstart satellite industry over how the Satellite Home Viewer Act (SHVA) should be interpreted; Details on SHVA; Why satellite service...
- Satellites To Force Cable Rates Down. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;12/6/99, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the impact of the Satellite Home Viewer Act included in the budget packaged signed into law by United States President Bill Clinton on the competition between satellite and cable television providers.
- Citizenship on the tube. // Policy Review;Jul/Aug96, Issue 78, p58
Reports on the National Empowerment Television's Political NewsTalk Network. Featured television programs; Focus on limited government, personal responsibility and citizenship; Contact information.
- Retrans without strings. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 43, p62
Editorial. Comments on the United States Congress' plan to approve legislation that would allow satellite television networks to retransmit broadcast television signals. Satellite television companies' call on the US Congress to regulate their retransmission negotiations with broadcast...
- Race under way for DBS retrans. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p3
Reports on direct broadcast satellite providers' to complete retransmission consent negotiations with television broadcasters in the United States. Congressionally mandated deadline; Agreements of television networks.
- In Direct-To-Home Satellite The Best Is Still To Come. Hewitt, Chuck // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p82
Focuses on the growth of the satellite television industry in the United States. Influence of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act; Sources of the growth; Areas relevant to the continued success of the industry.
- Bird biz, broadcasters to square off in court. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;9/25/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the court battle between direct satellite business and broadcasters over how and when broadcast signals are carried by satellite providers in the United States. Petition of satellite broadcasters; Provision in the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act, 1999; Consequence for a...
- Local broadcast signal for all. Albiniak // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p12
Highlights the support given by Eddie Fritts, president of the National Association of Broadcasters, to the proposal to build a nonprofit satellite television system for small-to-medium markets in the United States. Plan of for-profit satellite television companies to offer local television...