THROUGH THE WIRE
- Ailing Tauzin Makes Emotional Return. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the appearance of U.S. Representative Billy Tauzin at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2004. Support given to him by cable industry officials; His views on the deregulation of the cable industry; His advice for cable operators.
- The Spirit of Philadelphia. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p22A
Focuses on the multimedia operations of Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Services offered by Comcast; Improvement on the Direct Memory Access system of Comcast; Public-affairs campaigns of the company.
- Bell bill clears hurdle. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/14/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 21, p40
Focuses on Representative Billy Tauzin's success in getting his broadband-deregulation bill through the full United States House Energy and Commerce Committee. Battle between local exchange carriers and long-distance companies; Cable industry's decision to stay out of the fight.
- Mulling Mea Culpas. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p10
Focuses on the reaction of news networks and lobbyists to the demand of United States Representative Billy Tauzin (R-La.) for answers about issues in the November 2000 presidential election controversy. Researchers commissioned by the networks; Mistakes admitted by ABC News president David...
- EVANS & NOVAK. Evans, Rowland; Novak, Robert // Human Events;03/26/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p10
Presents updates on several election issues in the United States as of March 2001. Candidates for governorship in California; Opportunity for the Democrats in the 4th Congressional District in Iowa in 2002; Rivalry between Billy Tauzin (R-La.) and Bill Thomas (R-Calif.).
- Ready to run. Stanglin, Douglas; Cooper, Matt // U.S. News & World Report;5/29/95, Vol. 118 Issue 21, p27
Advises that Representative W.J. `Billy' Tauzin (D-La.), may run for the seat of retiring Democratic Senator J. Bennett Johnson--either as a Democrat or a Republican. His plans to run under the party banner that will most help him with voters.
- Pol blasts newsies for election b'casts. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;11/10/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 50, p1
Reports on legislator Billy Tauzin's criticism of news organizations for rushing to declare a winner in the November 2000 presidential election in the United States. Tauzin's plans to hold congressional hearings regarding the missteps committed by television networks in predicting the outcome...
- Washington Watch. Stern, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p18
Informs about the debut appearance of Billy Tauzin in the House Commerce Committee after his switch from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. His position in the Republican party.
- B'casters lose key ally with Tauzin off committee. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;1/12/95, Vol. 335 Issue 29, p59
Reports on Representative Billy Tauzin's exit from the US Congress Subcommittee on Telecommunications and Finance. Tauzin's plans to run for senator; Tauzin's efforts to get slots in the Subcommittee of Commerce, Trade and Hazardous Materials and the Subcommittee on Energy and Power; Tauzin as...