McGrath Wants to Clone Comedy
- MTV, Fox unveil new channels. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/25/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 2, p2
Two of the cable industry's biggest programming groups are expected to announce plans to launch new channels. MTV Networks will unveil its long-awaited gay-themed cable channel as early as possible, as of June 15, 2004. Development of the channel has been on and off again at parent company...
- JUDY'S GARLAND. Dempsey, John; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/21/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the promotion of Judy McGrath to chairman and chief executive officer of cable television company MTV Networks. Career background; Duties and responsibilities; Reorganization of media company Viacom.
- Cable Powerhouse. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the appointment of Judy McGrath as chairman and CEO of MTV Networks. Other possible candidates for the position; Career background.
- Third Time's the Charm. // Hispanic;Nov2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the replacement of MTV en EspaÃ±ol, the Spanish video juke box, by MTV Tr3s, or MTV Three. The English/Spanish hybrid will feature Spanish-language television shows with English subtitles, video jockeys who speak Spanglish, a Latino-centric video playlist, plus original...
- CABLERS, SATCASTERS RAMP UP. Kan, Wendy // Variety;6/23/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the increased penetration and healthy revenues of cable and satellite industry in Asia in 2003. Subscriber base of I-Cable Communications; Cable operations of Television Broadcasts; Landing rights awarded to MTV Networks in China.
- S'pore fare struggles in export test. Shuk Wa, Tsang // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p20
Television broadcasting company MTV Networks Inc.'s foray into drama production in Singapore has turned the spotlight on the city's expanding production capabilities. In partnership with local production house, Mega Media, MTV plans to produce a 14-episode drama series at a cost of S $2 million....
- MTV turning up volume on programming. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;4/7/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p10
Reports that cable television network MTV Networks has expanded its programming. Television programs to be produced and launched by the network in 2003; Titles of programs.
- MTVN Is a Little of a Lot of Things. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p23
Focuses on the popularity of television programs of MTV Networks (MTVN). Average monthly ratings of its programs; Information on the serials telecast by the company; Ratings of adult programs telecast by MTVN.
- Nick pumps up toon sked. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;3/11/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 49, p5
The article reports on the new additions to the animated television programs of Nickelodeon which include "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness," on its morning schedule, "Friends," on Nick at Nite, and "The 90s Are All That" on its TeenNick nighttime schedule.