Jeff Shell Game: Leaves Gemstar, Comcast Looms
- Shell Move Stirs Dominoes. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike; Thomas, R. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the resignation of Jeff Shell as chief executive officer of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Speculation on the job offered by Comcast Corp. to Shell; Terms under the employment agreement signed by Shell with Gemstar; Other top executive that have resigned from Gemstar; Reputation...
- Shell Named New Gemstar CEO. Donohue, Steve; Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p2
Report the appointment of Jeff Shell as chief executive officer for Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Career history; Company operations; Controversy on former chief executive Henry Yuen ouster.
- Gemstar Wraps Execs' Severence. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p2
Focuses on the business proceedings of the company Gamestar. Appointment of Jeff Shell, former chief executive officer (CEO) of Fox Cable Networks, as Gamestar's CEO; Loss of a patent suit against S-A, EchoStar Communications Corp. and Pioneer Corp.; Possibility of failure of Gemstar to file...
- Gemstar Turns to Fox's Shell. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the recruitment of Jeff Shell as chief operating officer of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Impact of the recruitment on the relationship of the company with cable operators; Protection of the interactive-program-guide vendor stake percentage; Reasons for the leadership change.
- Gemstar TV Guide's Shell Has 'A Lot of Work to Do' Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);11/18/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p6
Presents an interview with Jeff Shell, chief executive officer of Gemstar TV Guide-International. Challenges faced by the company; Overall mission of the company; Plans of Gemstar; Decline in revenue of Gemstar in the third quarter of 2002. INSET: GEMSTAR GETS GREEN FLAG.
- Troubled Gemstar Taps Fox's Shell for Top Post. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Shell as co-president and chief operations officer at Gemstar TV-Guide International in April 2002. Impact of the appointment on the value of the stocks of the company; Problems in the operations of Gemstar TV-Guide; Responsibilities of Shell at Gemstar...
- Gemstar Guides Comcast Home. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p2
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. has signed Comcast Corp. to a 20-year deal to license its interactive program guide. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the agreement.
- Gemstar-TV Guide Closes Deal With DirecTV. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/08/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on the move of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to close a deal with DirecTV Inc. Details of a distribution and licensing agreement signed by the direct broadcast provider with Gemstar; Effect of the deal on TV Guide Channel's distribution; Comment from Jeff Shell, CEO of Gemstar on...
- Ad Buzz Prevalent At NAB; Viability Of: 30s Defended. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;4/18/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the keynote address delivered by Jeff Shell, chief executive officer of Pasadena, California-based company Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., at a National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention, 'Super Session,' in Las Vegas, Nevada on the impact of interactive television...