- Bonds For Smarties. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Dec2004, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p85
The article provides information about bonds. Bonds are based on a simple idea: When you buy one, you've essentially lent money to a company or a government, and they pay you back with interest. Yet following what's happening in the bond market can be baffling. Once you understand the basic...
- Triple-A Louisville Water Board Deals $206M, With Big BAB Piece. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33228, p32
The article reports on the plan of Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government Water Works Board in Kentucky to sell 78.5 million of tax-exempt advance refunding bonds and 127.8 million of federal taxable Build America Bonds on December 8, 2009. It notes that the offering is expected to be...
- Lebanon debt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the market performance of the Global 09 bond in Lebanon. Decrease in the price of the bond.
- Patience is a virtue. Fox, Danny // Money Marketing;5/11/2006, p57
The article advises investors in Great Britain to hold on because corporate bonds appear to be ready to increase in prices again later in the year. Government bond yields have been rising lately and corporate bond yields have followed suit. This trend may continue because inflation and economic...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p40
Presents a graph and several charts depicting the bond market statistics in the U.S. as of April 19, 2004. Municipal bond index; Prices of securities; General obligation bond yields.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p36
Several charts are presented that lists bond market statistics including market indicators, U.S. Securities Prices, and municipal market data general obligation yields.
- Issuers Rule High Yield Market in Second Quarter 2001: Not Even the Tightest of Coupons Turn Investors Away From the Flood of New Issues. Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;7/2/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 26, pN.PAG
Focuses on reasons behind increased demand of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of July 2001. Amount of bonds issued in the months of May and June; Overall sentiment in the primary and secondary market; Quality of deals in the second quarter of 2001; Percentage decline in prices of Spanish...
- Three Years On, The TRACE Impact. Laughlin, Kate // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p12
Analyzes the impact of the National Association of Securities Dealers' Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE) to promote price transparency in the U.S. corporate bond market, three years after since its launching. Investors benefiting from TRACE; Corporate bonds tracked by TRACE.
- After Attacks, Indexes Finish Up Despite Early Week Selloff. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p44
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of July 2005. Total jobs created in June; Increase in manufacturing index; Decline in bond prices; Rise in revenue bond index.