FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- CONNECTICUT: Kroll Rolls Out 1st Ratings. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p9
The article reports on the issuance of an AA rating for the 14 billion general obligation bonds for Connecticut from Kroll Bond Ratings.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saskal, Rich; Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p29
The article presents information on various developments related to financial markets in the U.S. The article reports that Standard & Poor's has improved its outlook on bonds issued for the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University. The agency last week improved its outlook to...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p21
The article presents statistics related to the U.S. money marketing including the rates of short-term tax-exempted yields from March 17, 2009-March 16, 2010, the prices of securities, and the increasing rates of visible bond supply from February 3-March 17, 2010.
- UBS Prices Maui Debt. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p47
The article focuses on the market ratings of UBS Securities LLC for the $25.3 million general obligation (GO) bonds of Maui County, Hawaii. The GO bonds have yields ranging from 3.63% to 4.31% on maturities ranging from 2011 to 2021. According to the deputy director of finance for Maui, the debt...
- Munis Unchanged to a Bit Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the author, economist forecasted an increase in jobless claims by 360,000 and the benchmark yield of the Treasury market opened at 3.49% and ended at 3.34%, however, economic calendar does not pose...
- NFMA Stands By Its Comment on Rating Scale Controversy. Yolland, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32881, p29
The author reflects on the issue concerning the municipal bond ratings in the U.S. It asserts that the bond ratings are important to the successful functioning of the market and the abilities of issuers to raise capital for essential public projects. He pointed out that the issue is extremely...
- Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields . // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p-40
Presents information on general obligation yields in the U.S. as of April 20, 2001, provided by the firm Municipal Market Data. Ratings assigned to various bond issues.
- Gainers & Losers: United/ Refco. K. L. // High Yield Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p7
The article focuses on the financial performance of companies in the U.S. for the week ending March 17, 2006. United Airlines has been one of the listed gainers. The company has expanded its flight offerings to enhance their success. The same is true with Charter Communications Holding's bonds...
- Officials: Good Ratings, Investor Interest Depend on Disclosure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p32
Good disclosure practices are a must for any issuer that wants to receive and maintain good ratings and wants investors to have free rein to purchase their bonds, officials said at the 2003 Disclosure Conference hosted by the Municipal Advisory Council of Texas on June 13, 2003. Furthermore,...