Oklahoma Republicans Propose Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
- PUBLIC CHOICE AND PUBLIC SPENDING. Holcombe, Randall C. // National Tax Journal;Dec78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p373
The median voter model, which is central to much of the public financeï¿½public choice literature, predicts that under a system of majority rule, the alternative most preferred by the median voter will be chosen. This article demonstrates that when tax shares can be proposed as apart of a...
- A Counterproductive Ideology in Trenton. Sabrin, Murray // njbiz;6/27/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on issues related to high taxation in New Jersey in 2005. Plan of the state government to increase taxes to pay for huge bureaucracy and comprehensive social welfare spending; Unconstitutional spending done by the state government; Annual tax cost in the state.
- TAX COORDINATION UNDER BENEFIT TAXATION. Longo, Carlos A. // National Tax Journal;Dec78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p385
A standard result that emerged from the literature on international tax harmonization is that changes in the principle of border tax adjustments do not have, in the long run, allocative effects on the trade flow of the countries involved, provided that taxes are truly general, factors of...
- Nevada Residents Leaning Towards Tax-Raising Measures. Jasmina Kelemen // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p5
Reports on the inclination of Nevada residents to support an initiative that would raise taxes and increase public spending. Lack of awareness of voters on the potential tax implications of the initiative; Likelihood of Nevadans to support measures that would make educational funding a priority;...
- THE GENERAL REVENUE EFFECTS OF THE CALIFORNIA PROPERTY TAX LIMITATION AMENDMENT: A COMMENT. Vasch�, Jon David // National Tax Journal;Dec78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p399
This article presents an analysis of the general revenue effects of Proposition 13 in California by Perry Shapiro and Douglas Morgan appeared in the June 1978 issue of the ï¿½National Tax Journal.ï¿½ The study indicates that examination of tax policy must account for the mutual...
- Tax Systems Modernization: Results of Review of IRS' Initial Expenditure Plan: AIMD/GGD-99-206. // GAO Reports;6/15/1999, p1
Presents the research paper entitled "Tax Systems Modernization: Results of Review of IRS' Initial Expenditure Plan" by the U.S. General Accounting Office to be submitted to Congressional Requesters.
- There Is No Money in the United States Treasury. // Saturday Evening Post;2/26/1938, Vol. 210 Issue 35, p22
Criticizes the practice of government in overspending taxes collected in the U.S. Argument on protests against excessive taxation; Impact of taxation on industry; Correlation between taxation, investment and employment.
- Decision Concerning the Implementation of the Tax Sharing System. // Chinese Law & Government;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p41
Discusses the decision concerning the implementation of the tax sharing system in China. Guidelines of tax sharing reform; Background on the division of central and local management powers and expenditures; Determination of the amounts of the tax rebates to the localities from central finances.
- RESOURCE MISALLOCATION FROM INTERSTATE TAX EXPORTATION: ESTIMATES OF EXCESS SPENDING AND WELFARE LOSS IN A MEDIAN VOTER FRAMEWORK. Zimmerman, Dennis // National Tax Journal;Jun83, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p183
The conditions under which tax exportation and importation affect the median voter's marginal tax share and income are discussed. The paper estimates for the median voter in each State the change in income and public goods tax price generated by interstate tax exportation, and calculates the...